Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
D-Series Rally Man
Mitsubishi/Hondas
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya was just wondering, I've stripped my head down and I wanna skim it one night this week, but dunno if im gonna be able to do it with our skimmer at work cuz we have quite a shallow clamp and I think the tubes are gonna get in the way.
Ive googled and searched on D-Series about it but cant come up with much, Im assuming theyre pressed in and the answers no but worth a question to the family. Rep for replies - dont flame me if this is a silly question lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
What type of shop do you have access to? At one shop i used to work at we had a limited number of precision blocks etc. We did have two kurt vices that I would block on top of quite often when I had clearance problems.
I had to do a lot of improvisational work there. I think that shop was where I learned the most. Made me think outside the box a lot.

Even if head surface is warped you should be able to tell with a indicator if you've got in on there nice and level! Do be carefull though, and remember that you can flex shit when clamping if you don't have proper support etc.

·
D-Series Rally Man
Mitsubishi/Hondas
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of shop do you have access to? At one shop i used to work at we had a limited number of precision blocks etc. We did have two kurt vices that I would block on top of quite often when I had clearance problems.
I had to do a lot of improvisational work there. I think that shop was where I learned the most. Made me think outside the box a lot.

Even if head surface is warped you should be able to tell with a indicator if you've got in on there nice and level! Do be carefull though, and remember that you can flex shit when clamping if you don't have proper support etc.
Hehe dont worry Im a season pro lol Im an engineer too, have done many heads but after stripping mine today I was like hmmmm wait a second lol

I have to think outside the box a lot too where I work its fun, as u said you learn more but I dunno with our bed vice if Im gonna manage it - FAIL

Ill figure sumthin out - Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts