Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I need to know if I can re use a d16z6 engine head from an engine that has been previously block had spin a rod bearing. the head is built and looks ok. but the block is no good. ???????? the head will be going on another engine block that is good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you can
Do I need to re reabuild everything??? this head is ported and etc. the head has been pressure tested by a machine shop say it passed???? do I need to do anything else?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do I need to re reabuild everything??? this head is ported and etc. the head has been pressure tested by a machine shop say it passed???? do I need to do anything else?
As mentioned, the bare minimum should be to check flatness on the deck surface.

If you are getting serious about it, then next would be the seat to valve matchup which is usually checked with lapping compound and spinning the valve by hand with a suction cup and lightly pressing into the seat.

The only other thing I could think of is valve spring pressure, either to make sure the stock springs are good or to make sure you have enough seat pressure for whatever cam you are going to run

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As mentioned, the bare minimum should be to check flatness on the deck surface.

If you are getting serious about it, then next would be the seat to valve matchup which is usually checked with lapping compound and spinning the valve by hand with a suction cup and lightly pressing into the seat.

The only other thing I could think of is valve spring pressure, either to make sure the stock springs are good or to make sure you have enough seat pressure for whatever cam you are going to run
ok the machine shop said they would change the new valve seals for me. pressure tested was good. but being form an engine that has spin a bearing if I run this engine that I am rebuilding do I need to run it with oil and necessary if any flush debris from the head? like start it up for couple minutes and drain fill oil and filter like twice?????? is the dead itself messed up? the head is already on the block bc I need this car run. just didn't start it up yet.. cams journals, lrocker assemblies are they ok to be used? all the other things is ok. when I first used thte head had slightly material at the vtec solenoid screen but it is now cleaned and etc.? the head already on with timing belt and etc ... but im just worried about the dam camshafts oil holes eetc..... will it F**K up again bearing?????:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

cyl head ok?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I dont use any parts from engines that have spun bearings. If you do, and you dont clean it out properly, your new engine will spin bearings as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont use any parts from engines that have spun bearings. If you do, and you dont clean it out properly, your new engine will spin bearings as well.
so the engine is already F**ked then :(
got the cylinder head clceaned and cleaned with a blow gun. brake clcean and long time cleaning. when they pressure tested was it cleaned too?

the other motor that was spun had very tight bearing like .001 clearance boosted. this one now has like .002 and build for boost. I hope this will work this time. fricken sucks... everything is already on belt etc on thte dam car turbo just need to be started. F***n sucks I hope the hea is still ok if I will run this motor. machine shop said everything should be ok. but now im kinda doubting it F**CK.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
if it was hot tanked, you should be ok

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
reaspm fpr needing good cleaning is when you spin a bearing, chunks of bearing can get to places where they cause problems. especially in valvetrain with tiny oil source holes

a THOROUGH cleaning is needed. else a spunbearing head should be checked for oil starvation,

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Pull out every plug, and clean every oil channel with a pipe cleaner and solvent.

I just choose not to use parts that have been filled with metal dust to build engines. It just seems like a bad idea to me. Kinda like sand blasting valve covers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
absolutely is the quick answer, but prep work must be done. those shavings from the bearing could travel through the whole system.. clogging passageways or worse put it on and 50 miles later blow through another bearing because some shavings left over.

i wouldnt just toss the block though. if it didnt punch a hole through the block, get a nice crank and some eagles and build it up as a short block. too many of these blocks go to waste its a shame.. cause the blocks that came mated to a y8 head head oiling issues and cranked rod bearings under pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts