Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
crappy image, but Im going to go with 94 prelude if those are vents by the headlights

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, will the header from the the f or h series in these work on a d series. I doubt it but I figure ill ask just to make sure

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
CORRECTION

a 92-96 prelude that now needs fuel lines and brake lines due to weight of car squishing them over the forklift's forks

lol

EDIT engine families tend to share parts only, not cross over. some do, liek throttlebodies and some wiring.

There are 2 F and H series bolt patterns for exhaust and intake, and neither fit D or B motors. a quick search saves hassle!

I like to look up part numbers for flange gaskets when seeing if shit bolts up. Great way to gain some information, and likely how the early D to B stuff happened in the 90s

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok and thanks, I was looking to buy an exhaust that came off this car for my 90 civic wagon but I doubt that prelude will ever be on the road again. And ik the prelude exhaust wont bolt on. Its gonna be getting reworked to fit. Also is the spacing on the intake/ exhaust ports the same between them to where you can just cut the f/h series flange off and weld a d series one on?

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
Ok and thanks, I was looking to buy an exhaust that came off this car for my 90 civic wagon but I doubt that prelude will ever be on the road again. And ik the prelude exhaust wont bolt on. Its gonna be getting reworked to fit. Also is the spacing on the intake/ exhaust ports the same between them to where you can just cut the f/h series flange off and weld a d series one on?
I think welding on the cast aluminium intake would be a PITA and not worth it.

If that prelude was running an aftermarket stainless header you should be able to cut the flange off and use some clamps to pull the ports in and then weld them to a D series flange. There's no way you'd bother with the OEM header though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts