Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the military so i dont have a lot of time to search for answers, and the "D" has pulle through before so does anyone know can i fit low compression d16a6 pistons in my d15b2?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes D16 pistons will fit inside the D15 the bore size is the same between all the D blocks, so all the D series pistons are interchangeable... well, they'll all physically fit in the same block

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
they will install, but they are shorter than D15 pistons and would be down in the hole.

the "cooler" swap would be D15 pistons in an A6 with the CC on the head opened to accept the piston above deck.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
they will install, but they are shorter than D15 pistons and would be down in the hole.

the "cooler" swap would be D15 pistons in an A6 with the CC on the head opened to accept the piston above deck.
Kinda hard for me to do that with a Y8 head :)

.060" Cometic FTW :)

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

well i have had to previously deck my block .07 so the deck is already shorter, would that make up in lack of piston height?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
not even close, just use normal D15 pistons.

using the PM6's would drop the compression over a full point.

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well what i am trying to do is drop the compression to boost, my motor right now is around 10:5:1 and i need to lower in order to boost

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was my next question...any insite?

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, quit dicking around with this broke dick idea and do it fucking right the first time.

Step one, get a D16 to start with.
that wasnt my question, my question was can i work with the block i have? i already know i can get a di16 and i already know what all i can do to it, im not a fucking idiot, my only weak point is my block and i was simly asking if it could be worked around without having to buy a d16 block. thanks for your opinion

1 - 15 of 15 Posts