Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe EJ1
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im currently undergoing research for my d15b7 coupe mini-me.
Im looking at parts etc... when i come across this...

HONDA CIVIC 92-95 EX D16Z6 D15 VTEC CHIPPED P28 ECU ECM - eBay (item 200415955686 end time Apr-02-11 15:22:26 PDT)

Im aware that i will be needing a p28 Ecu for the d16z6 vtec head swap, but i was just wondering.

1) would that ECU fit and encorperate VTEC
2) it claims to have a redline of around 9,000 and 9,200 fuel cut-off, would this be beneficial?!

I believe this would just destroy the engine and you wouldnt be seeing any real extra gains after 6,800 rpm (@ max bhp from d16z6 right?)

anyway im no expert at all. correct me on anything please.

thankyou

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
get your post count up, there are people selling good ones on here for less $$$. but its prolly fine.

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
IDK man, what is the average to have one chipped around here?

I wouldn't do it personally, but I got mine in a bone yard for a lil over $20:yes:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
p28 ecu's incorporate vtec unless you have it disabled

you could also run a p06 thats set up for vtec
a guy used to sell them on flea bay for like $100 shipped with a custom basemap (diabled knock, vtec set up, new rev limit etc)
i exchanged some emails with him and he knew his d-series ecu's pretty well
its where i got my p06 with a chip installed. PM me if you want me to look him up for you. i believe he also sold p28's.

factory rev limit is usually around 7200 rpm if im not mistaken so
depending on what kind of build you are doing that ecu will work fine but it seems a bit pricey imo

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts
Way too expensive. Hunt on hatertech forums or get your postcount up and check the classifieds forum here. 200 bucks for a chipped ecu is madness.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe EJ1
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks guys!

also id of thought that raising the limiter would get you any more power than it would be at say 7,200rpm(standard).

ECU confuse me, more research needs to be done i think.

(p.s. If anyone here has a d15b7 (coupe) mini-me with d16z6 head and Si/EX tranny, advice on the best set-up for my p28 ECU would be greatly appreciated!

thankyouu

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Okay thanks guys!

also id of thought that raising the limiter would get you any more power than it would be at say 7,200rpm(standard).

ECU confuse me, more research needs to be done i think.

(p.s. If anyone here has a d15b7 (coupe) mini-me with d16z6 head and Si/EX tranny, advice on the best set-up for my p28 ECU would be greatly appreciated!

thankyouu
try to get an ecu with a datalogging port...it may come in hand later.

i have the JDM brother to your motor and the stock cam which can be considered a stage1 makes power till ~7,600. if you really wanna know..invest the $50 on a couple dyno passes and set it where the curves tell you.

·
Registered
1995 Civic Coupe EJ1
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
try to get an ecu with a datalogging port...it may come in hand later.

i have the JDM brother to your motor and the stock cam which can be considered a stage1 makes power till ~7,600. if you really wanna know..invest the $50 on a couple dyno passes and set it where the curves tell you.
Thanks man this info. really helped!

gives me a foothold and points me in the right direction cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts