Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an engine off a guy and he gave me this extra crank. It has a chip where the pulley goes. Can I still use it or can it be fixed? He also gave me what he says is an Exedy stage 1 clutch that he said only has like 500 miles on it. It's really rusty though. Any chance of salvaging that?

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
can you mill a pressure plate? let it soak in a tub of clr for a few days and see.
crank snout looks ok, have you taken it to a machine shop to have the journals mic'd?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it worth it to save the clutch or would it better to just buy a new one. I don't really know anything about Exedy or performance clutches at all.

No I didn't take it anywhere yet. Didn't know if the chip would make it totally useless

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,295 Posts
hmmm the damage on the crank snout looks bad enough ,I would weld it and redo the keyway groove.
and yeah how are the journals...

the clutch can be used if you are Hard up ,its only surface rust. besides it only 90hp.

or just bring all this garbage back to the last caretaker ,,unless it was free... haha

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it was all free. Im going to build a y8 block and wanted to use this crank since it's from a z6. Like I said I haven't checked the journals yet. I'm not in a rush to get it done since I'm still building the z6 motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts