1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,662 Posts
drill them out while you are at it.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
you can find OEM injectors from some vehicles that are bigger for $50 or less, and under $100 to send them in to be clean and flow balanced.

Dont ***** rig it and decap them

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can find OEM injectors from some vehicles that are bigger for $50 or less, and under $100 to send them in to be clean and flow balanced.

Dont ***** rig it and decap them
I see people talking about DSM ones in older threads and RSX injectors in newer threads. What have you seen that works without to much fuss?

If you don't care about spray pattern go ahead
I thought for turbo build a stream was preferable to a fogging pattern.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Read the turbo FAQ

Why would you want a hard-to-mix stream versus an easy-to-mix spray mist?

unless you feel pouring fuel through the exhaust is acceptable

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read the turbo FAQ

Why would you want a hard-to-mix stream versus an easy-to-mix spray mist?

unless you feel pouring fuel through the exhaust is acceptable
I've read it's good for turbo motors if the injector is aimed at the backside of the intake valves a straight jet can be more consistent. Something to do with the exstreme turbulence of a boosted motors intake tract but I don't know.

Good discussion on decapped injectors here that I didn't find till now.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-management/216394-using-08-civic-injectors.html

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
There is a lot of good info in that thread you posted, one of the best posts was the acid beaver referencING injector nation injectors.

I can understand how you would think a solid stream at the intake valve might be benificial, however, what about when the engine is not seeing boost pressure? It's not gonna run very good. I mean unless this is a full on straight line drag only application, even then, a good quality set of injectors will out perform a de capped set. I mean. Ya de capped injectors was the thing to do 15+ years ago, but so we're map/boost foolers. And underglow. And body kits.

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a lot of good info in that thread you posted, one of the best posts was the acid beaver referencING injector nation injectors.

I can understand how you would think a solid stream at the intake valve might be benificial, however, what about when the engine is not seeing boost pressure? It's not gonna run very good. I mean unless this is a full on straight line drag only application, even then, a good quality set of injectors will out perform a de capped set. I mean. Ya de capped injectors was the thing to do 15+ years ago, but so we're map/boost foolers. And underglow. And body kits.
I checked injector nation after reading about it. Its the easy button for injectors but I'm cheap bastard so I make things hard on myself. It's just a guess but I doubt the spray pattern would be noticable on a dyno or the road. Might notice it with a tailpipe sniffer. I'm basing this off how smoothly a carb works in open plenum manifolds. I'm more concerned with injector variance when decapped. Learn to read plugs again I guess.

I didn't know decapped injectors were used like a poor man's piggyback computer. Crazy but makes sense.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
carb's create a mist when fuel is pulled through. this is still worlds better than a stream.

dont decap your injectors.

what would be after that? an FMU?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
No. The stock injectors have an exposed pintle.

There is nothing safe or repeatable that can be done with the OE injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts