Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've been on this site for a little while and I've learned alot. I'm doing a z6 block/y8 head, turbo build. I'm just ordering some parts and begining to think of what program to run (crome, uberdata, hondata, etc.) Now, I understand that hondata is the best you can buy. I know uberdata is a free program and can be street tuned just like crome. What I don't understand is what is the real differences. I know dataloging and stuff like that but, I have a friend that has a GSR turbo and has problems idling. It will bounce between 600 and 1200 rpms when sitting. Is that normal on urberdata? I found out that trick engineering in Nh tunes uberdata. I was wondering is it worth getting a chipped ECU with uberdata and getting it tuned, or is it better to save up for the hondata. I plan to disconnect the ecu from time to time for theft reasons if that helps. I heard that when you unplug the ECU the memory from the tune is gone, I'm not sure how true it is.
I've searched and searched and it's just confusing me more. I hear some people say that uberdata is just as good as hondata and others say hondata all the way.
I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I want the car to idle nice and I want it to run nice and smooth. I hope someone can clarify my confusion and point me to the right direction. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I plan to disconnect the ecu from time to time for theft reasons if that helps. I heard that when you unplug the ECU the memory from the tune is gone, I'm not sure how true it is.
No it will not........... Price and what features you want are what you should be looking at. Are you tuning it your self? This is also important. If you are not just go to reputable shop and have then tune it. Hondata, neptune, ectune are all solid.

Crome is nice it is free it has some miner bugs same with uber. There is also crome pro. I use crome I am broke if you know the bugs it works fine.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
Frequent pulling of the ecu sockets could weaken terminal/wire contacts and cause all sorts of irregularities.
true, a nice little kil switch hidden somewhere should do the trick.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Hey, I've been on this site for a little while and I've learned alot. I'm doing a z6 block/y8 head, turbo build. I'm just ordering some parts and begining to think of what program to run (crome, uberdata, hondata, etc.) Now, I understand that hondata is the best you can buy. I know uberdata is a free program and can be street tuned just like crome. What I don't understand is what is the real differences. I know dataloging and stuff like that but, I have a friend that has a GSR turbo and has problems idling. It will bounce between 600 and 1200 rpms when sitting. Is that normal on urberdata? I found out that trick engineering in Nh tunes uberdata. I was wondering is it worth getting a chipped ECU with uberdata and getting it tuned, or is it better to save up for the hondata. I plan to disconnect the ecu from time to time for theft reasons if that helps. I heard that when you unplug the ECU the memory from the tune is gone, I'm not sure how true it is.
I've searched and searched and it's just confusing me more. I hear some people say that uberdata is just as good as hondata and others say hondata all the way.
I just want to get the most bang for my buck. I want the car to idle nice and I want it to run nice and smooth. I hope someone can clarify my confusion and point me to the right direction. Thanks for your time.
You obviously have not searched enough haha. There are some good threads about tuning and chipping. When you unplug the ecu it should not loose the tune because you burn it to a chip. Crome, uberdata, hondata, and etc. are mostly preferance(sc). Like what I want to do is chip my ecu and tune with crome...I think Hondata is over priced and I don't think its worth buying anything but the s300...again just my opinion. Your buddy sounds like he has other issues then the tune lol. Tell him to check the IACV, throttle cable, and FITV. Those are a couple things that cause idle surge. If a theif is going to steal your car or shit...they're going to do it. I would just recomend a half decent noise maker (alarm system). The idle and smoothness of driving is all in the tune it self...not necesarily the program.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you tuning it your self?
No, I will have the car tuned most likely at trick engineering in Nh.

For my build, I'm doing a z6 block and a y8 head. I just ordered my vitara and fj spec rods (back order) and I'm planing on buying a garrett t3/t4 57 trim. probably tial wastegate and bov etc. For a budget build, what would everyone recommend? I thought about just getting the s300 but if I can get something for alot cheaper i'll just go with that then. I'm trying to save money anyway i can. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
No, I will have the car tuned most likely at trick engineering in Nh.

For my build, I'm doing a z6 block and a y8 head. I just ordered my vitara and fj spec rods (back order) and I'm planing on buying a garrett t3/t4 57 trim. probably tial wastegate and bov etc. For a budget build, what would everyone recommend? I thought about just getting the s300 but if I can get something for alot cheaper i'll just go with that then. I'm trying to save money anyway i can. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Check out Xenorcon.com for all of your chipping needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts