Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i went to ariaspistons.com to see the selection they had before i ordered from rs machines and they dont have any pistons for the z6. they have them for the a6, y7, and y8. which ones do i need to get and will the listed compression ration be the same in the z6 motor?

Also, the smallest bore they have is 75.05 mm. Is that cconsidered standard core, or do they need to be exactly 75mm? Alls i did weas hone my block so am running a 75mm bore.

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
use the compression calculator to find the desired compression
http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/dcalc.htm

.05 would be standard wear + hone, pretty much standard bore
So your pretty much saying that i can choose any 3 of the pistons wether it be for the a6, y8 or y7. I just need to use the compression calc to find out which one will give me the desired compression ratio? I will be running stock head with a 3 angle valve job, and oem head gasket.

I am wanting as close to 9:1 as possible. Can someone please help me verify that i do the compression calc correctly. ive never done it before and i dont really want to order the wrong piston.

also, should i use 75.05 as my bore or just 75?

thanks

edit*** I just tried plugging everything in and i have no idea what the piston to deck height is with the arias pistons............. i need some help with this. i really dont want to put stuff in the calc wrong and end up ordering the wrong pistons..........

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
looks to me like Arias lists the y7/z6 slugs as the same ones...

using the equation on the knology site for determining piston to deck height, i managed to come up with .003, which means that the 9.0 compression rato that Arias lists for the y7/z6 is the actual z6 compression.

so part #3321200(75.05mm) will be 9.0:1 with a .028 HG in a z6

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks to me like Arias lists the y7/z6 slugs as the same ones...

using the equation on the knology site for determining piston to deck height, i managed to come up with .003, which means that the 9.0 compression rato that Arias lists for the y7/z6 is the actual z6 compression.

so part #3321200(75.05mm) will be 9.0:1 with a .028 HG in a z6
right on man thanks. I just went to araispistons.com again and i didnt even see that the z6 was listed with the y7. I was in a hurry before class today and wasnt even paying any attention. But i appreciate the help. I would rep you again but i need to spread some around first. But thanks for all of your help with everything, i really appreciate it!!!!! :TU:

im gonna send the order to rs machines now!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts