Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my upper control arm on my dirt track crx I’m building. The ball joint is garbage, so I need to buy a new one. Trying to track down where to buy new ones. Also, this is an old crx hf, but it’s so Frankenstein that the right side driveshaft fits, but left side is too big for the knuckle. The assumption is it’s the original hf knuckle. Can I just order the non hf knuckle?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just trying to get back in the track cheap and quick, if I can just drop a std hub into this same knuckle I’ll do that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also did someone have any insight on the upper? I thought 88-89 where welded in ball joints, and 90-91 presses in. These look like some type of adjustable that Bolt in with 4 Allen head bilts

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
they look like some ebay adjustable a-arms for cambering your ride. known for bushings to be total shit.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Also did someone have any insight on the upper? I thought 88-89 where welded in ball joints, and 90-91 presses in. These look like some type of adjustable that Bolt in with 4 Allen head bilts
The ones that are pressed in aren’t really designed to be replaced. Honda doesn’t sell the upper ball joint separately but some aftermarket companies sell them. Pressing the old ones out and the new ones in loosen the fit and the UCA steel is pretty thin there

Easier to buy new ones which also include new bushings but that’s just my opinion.

If you press in new ones, I’d consider welding them. A higher HP road racer on this site had issues with the upper ball joints coming loose and had to weld them

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just get a replacement set of cheap ball joints from ebay. Or get a set of oem arms.

For several reasons, we have to use those ebay adjustable upper arms. The ball joints last for maybe an entire event if we are lucky. We have been getting cheap ebay replacements and swapping them out. I've been playing with building a piece that will bolt in using the existing mounting and will take an oem press-in ball joint. This should give us a unit that will last a while.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Looks like I'll be picking up spares for when the arms go on my DA. I have those cheap eBay upper control arms. Lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
We race stage rally with a 91 Hatch. We've increased the ride height and needed to dick with the camber. We've also stuffed the car a few times and the front (from the fire wall forward) is shifted about 3/4" to the drivers side. This makes it pesky to dial in the same camber side to side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts