Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question, I have read all the seat swap DIY and have never heard of someone trying to change the slider rail to fit in another. This would work for my swap if it can be done. I'm trying 91 teg seats into 90 civic dx hatch. Seat belt will not be an issue. :rofc:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have seen that thread, I'm not asking about pan swap. And this is the DIY forum right. Anyone else, that has helpful info. Peace.
Is this a DIY tutorial? Nah? Ok then. "This chart will list all compatible vehicles for a proven and tested BOLT-ON combination."
That means you can take a god damn Integra seat and throw it in your Civic and it's a direct bolt on. No rail swapping involved. No pan swapping.

"All other options will fall under the "Seat Pan Swap" category."
Lern2read.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/126546-diy-sub-forum-rules.html
Also, give this a quick read once you're done learning to read.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
I have seen that thread, I'm not asking about pan swap. And this is the DIY forum right. Anyone else, that has helpful info. Peace.
Black94Si's right, this is the wrong forum. This forum is for posting "How you did something" not asking "How someone else has done something".

If you're not talking about doing a pan swap I'm assuming you're either talking about 1) unbolting the sliders from a Civic seat and bolting them to an Integra pan [which might work] or 2) splitting the slider into two pieces [i.e. the one piece that bolts to the floor and the other piece that actually slides for and aft]. Option 2 will most definitely NOT work. The slider portion of the rail is spot welded to the bracket.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Black94Si's right, this is the wrong forum. This forum is for posting "How you did something" not asking "How someone else has done something".

If you're not talking about doing a pan swap I'm assuming you're either talking about 1) unbolting the sliders from a Civic seat and bolting them to an Integra pan [which might work] or 2) splitting the slider into two pieces [i.e. the one piece that bolts to the floor and the other piece that actually slides for and aft]. Option 2 will most definitely NOT work. The slider portion of the rail is spot welded to the bracket.
Option 1 will work, according to the thread I posted. Option 2 would be fuckin ludicrous. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That was my question option 2 and to see if a diy was known to have beeen done. The slider part has the stopping points, if they were removed or altered would it work was what I was wondering. And thanks for the insight. Peace.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Option 1 will work, according to the thread I posted. Option 2 would be fuckin ludicrous. lol

I dont do hip hop artist
WTF man?? do you know how the quote feature works?

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
With a drill press anything is possible! I fit 93 Prelude seats in my 94 Civic Coupe. I used the EG left rail on the drivers seat and the Prelude right rail with the mounting hole relocated.

·
Registered
907 Posts
With a drill press anything is possible! I fit 93 Prelude seats in my 94 Civic Coupe. I used the EG left rail on the drivers seat and the Prelude right rail with the mounting hole relocated.
Pretty similar to what I did with my 98 Hatch. Bought some brackets off ebay and bolted on the appropriate sliders from the hatch and the prelude seats. All 4 corners bolted up with a little convincing and rocking strong now for almost 2 years. LOVE the seats so much more than EKs too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dafuq did I just read?

That dude's name is Ludacris. Look "ludicrous" up in the dictionary.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts