Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a bare d15b7 block and it didn't come with main caps. Can I use the main caps off of another b7 or no?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Check clearances and if all is well then run it.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
will have to be align honed before clearances can be checked.

Basically the person just BOUGHT a paperweight.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Do you want this motor to last any amount of time? or just want it to get you through the next month?

·
Registered
05 Legacy GT
867 Posts
Read the direction on the plastagauge.

If you want this engine to last, you need to have good machine shop do a line bore. If your smart you will find a shop that will walk you through the steps they will do to your engine. Not just ask you what you want, take your money, do a ok job and call you to come pick up your stuff.

Didn't notice where your from, may be one of us could recommend a local shop for you.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Even if you check clearances it dosen't mean everythings going to be inline. You may get it all together and wear bearings prematurely or if things are way out of line snap the crank.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
lol you guys would probibally crap yourselves when you hear what i did. camshaft from another head, and girdle from another engine Works fine and there is no bindage. The clearnaces were correct so there no reason i shouldnt have used them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Cams no big deal, but I'm willing to bet if you pulled the bearings there showing more wear than they should.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
maybie ten lol. i should have just shimmed the pump while it was out, but i didnt have time. now i do.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting. If it were 10K or so then it would be interesting.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Depends how everything's lined up. You may be lucky and everythings pretty straight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts