Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy i have a d16zc forged etc... And i have 1000cc injector for it but i have no map for it so i will need to use m stock injector but my question is will i get to the dyno thats 2h from my palce with stock injector if i dont boost it will be ok or ???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Stock ECU wont read pass 2psi.. so no boost or check engine light if u go pass that or worst....check fucked up engine....

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
stock wont read past 2 psi? huh? thats not true. But yeah you will be 100% iof you just dont put boost to the engine. I disconnected my vacuum line from turbo to wg when i drove mine. prob didnt even need to do that.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
If you have a stock map you really should use stock injectors. It would be so rich on 1000cc injectors it would not run and might even risk hydrolock.

As others have said, Just stay well out of boost. drive like it has an egg under the throttle pedal.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Disconnect charge pipe to throttle body, run stock ecu, disconnect wastegate and drive it. thats what i did to mine, drove it a couple days like this, then a 2hr trip to my tuner lol

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Disconnect charge pipe to throttle body, run stock ecu, disconnect wastegate and drive it. thats what i did to mine, drove it a couple days like this, then a 2hr trip to my tuner lol
How do you stop the turbo from over revving with zero back pressure on the compressor. I would at least make a restriction to go where the charge pipe normally goes.

Open waste gate seems a much better idea.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dumb.
No reason to disconnect the charge pipe, just take the wastegate spring out.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
atleast you smart and keeping your stock injectors in till you get there. But everything else has been covered.

Would it be dumb to pull the BOV off till he got there also?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
as pat stated, do not disconnect the charge pipe. youll over spin your turbo and blow it up.

keep stock map sensor, stock injectors, stock ecu.

stay out of boost and ull be fine.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
yes you can. ive seen it happen.

think about it... what stops a turbo from spinning or to hold spinning at a certain rpm... the wastegate... which opens by boost pressure. with the intercooler piping disconnected your turbo will spin at whatever rate your exhuast is exiting the engine at. it may be fine at a lower rpm but to drive the car normal you would surely over spin a turbo. back pressure has nothing to do with reaching a certain rpm.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
You cant overspin a turbo that doesnt have enough back pressure to get it up to the rpm where it will blow.
yes you can. ive seen it happen.

think about it... what stops a turbo from spinning or to hold spinning at a certain rpm... the wastegate... which opens by boost pressure. with the intercooler piping disconnected your turbo will spin at whatever rate your exhuast is exiting the engine at. it may be fine at a lower rpm but to drive the car normal you would surely over spin a turbo. back pressure has nothing to do with reaching a certain rpm.
The war will never end.

You can over spin a turbo. Its just free spinning nothing to slow it down if you undo the piping.
If you remove the wastegate spring then its bypasses the turbo and doesnt spin it as much.
Plain and simple.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
He came here, asked a question, got good answers, wants to argue a really stupid obvious point so let him do it and find out the hard way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts