Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is currently auto, i was told the hondata cannot work on auto cars. I heard though that the CROME can work on the auto tranny...

Anyone can shine light on the topic as its the only thing i missing to complete my turbo build.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ so the auto tranny would not work no mater if i take my time with it and install an extra cooler kit??? Come on guys its really alot to convert to a gearbox.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
its not alot to convert a gearbox. a pedal, clutch line and a tranny. possibly a mount. either way... auto tranny's do not work for pretty much any power over stock. if that things see's like 130 hp it will just give up.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
I guess everyone assumes the Turbo will be driven FULL THROTTLE all the time?????

Just wait.......5-6 psi on a Y8 EF 4 door automatic.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I guess everyone assumes the Turbo will be driven FULL THROTTLE all the time?????

Just wait.......5-6 psi on a Y8 EF 4 door automatic.
no, but when it does, its not gonna like it too much

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
ive heard that its ok to run boost on auto if the psi is very low like bone is talking about and that you should let off the gas between shifts. i just seems like a bunch of antaganizing bs to me. the auto to mani swap would deffenitly be worth it. auto boost can be done but its not easy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys, the auto tranny had a misshap today and started slipping really bad. So its of tot he use car dealers to get a conversion for a gearbox.
I will keep you guys updated and i will upload some pics.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Autos do not shift well while in boost. There is a member on here boosting an auto but he changes tranny fluid all the time and takes excellent care of his tranny. It can be done but I wouldn't imagine it would be any fun. Just do the swap. You'll be glad you did it.I mean shit....you need 2 pedals, clutch line, mounts, a tranny and a days worth of beer. $500 should be about what you're gonna spend. Oh yeah, you'll need a manual ecu if you're not getting your auto ecu converted and you'll need a manual starter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
^^ no man it costing 850US to do the conversion here in trinidad. I bought another tranny could anyone shed some light on boosting the tranny..

If i run 5PSI and change oil every 3-2 months would it last???? Could it work? I just want a little more edge in my car thats all...

So guys put me on to someone with the knowledge about the auto turbo??

Also what management can i use??? CHROME or Greddy Blue?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Oh shit!!!! You're in Trinidad???? Carib......good ass beer!!!!

Anyways, stop dreaming about boosting your auto. It's not gonna be a road you're wanting to walk down...........unles you eventually want to walk down a road cause your tranny hung itself. As of now (until the transmission God has spoken) leave you car as is. Wait for more R&D. I can't imagine that being a fun drive having to reach full boost so early. Like 2600 I think is what was discussed in 1.5slowmatics thread about this. Itwould be fun to a point but I think even he will end up swaping to a 5spd. Or at least I hope he would. No tune is gonna keep your tranny safe from the FAILmonster.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ ok guy. So it wouldnt last even self on 5PSI? I saw some guys here did it and it worked out fine.
Just looking for a little more edge for the car thats all. I will take my time and drive the car and change the oil frequently, would that even help?

Oh another thing is i have the TD04 turbo and the line thats going to the turbo i want to know the size of the restrictor to put cause i was told if i put it as is the turbo will get o much oil and be dead after a little wile. So what size restrictor to buy for the oil sender line for the turbo?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Ok guys, the auto tranny had a misshap today and started slipping really bad. So its of tot he use car dealers to get a conversion for a gearbox.
I will keep you guys updated and i will upload some pics.
didnt u say that its getting a 5-speed?? now your still talking about the auto. your confusing me

·
El Noob
2,794 Posts
Well... I will pitch in with my tiny bit of knowledge. Look man, you can boost your auto. As far as wanting more kick. You'll have it before the tranny gives out. Because once you have boost, you get the itch to keep hitting it time and time again.

You can give regular maintenance but apart from getting old, It will eventually give out. Maybe you can boost it and start saving up cash for a manual swap that way, when the tranny gives out, you are ready.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
stock honda auto's dont last long at 100whp, just imagine throwing more at it.

850 for a whole conversion? not bad with all parts included.

it took me a solid two days and all the parts were a hag to get together myself, tranny shield, mounts, linkage, clutch cable, clutch, flywheel, trans, wiring had to be altererd, pedal set, etc etc. $850 aint bad.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ ok guys i did tons of reading and decided to just freaking stay NA...

Can i put I/H/E and a FPR with a MSD coil and feel some power? I think its better i dont boost it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts