Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building a fj/vitara setup and have a bisi stage 1 on the shelf and am wondering will it be alrite? i know the 1.2 is turbo specific. but i dont have one if them.

cheers.
joe.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe i should ask a different queation...

on the shelf i have oem d15b and d16z6 and the bisi stage one...
whats goin to make more power?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
you can use the bisi stg1 cam but why on gods green earth would you?

do some googling it doesnt carry the tq at all, and power drops worse then stock after peak.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bisi has no info... they say theres been no testing done... and tried to sell me a 1.2 turbo cam.
guess theres only one way to find out. if its a complete fail it only takes 20 mins to swap out a cam.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Short answer ... yes.

Long answer ... yes you can use it but whether or not it makes power is something that only a dyno will tell us. Slap it in, get it tuned, keep us posted on results. Get a dyno with stock cam too, just to see if it is actually helping.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ya we need to see if Bisi's "stage 1" cam is actually worth something. But if you already had it then hey slap that bitch in and run it. I've heard that they aren't that much bigger than stock but post up your results and let us know

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
There have been dyno charts posted

The cam sucks

The end

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
There have been dyno charts posted

The cam sucks

The end
And there's my answer. Lol! I know it's never worth it to buy a L1 cam. At least an L2 or 3 if you're looking to make some serious gains.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
How in the fuck can the Bisi Stage 1 be worse than a stock D15B or D16Z6 cam?

I know everybody hates Bisi now, blah blah blah, but the guy is not retarded. Theres no way he would sell a cam that has both less duration and lift than the stock cam.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
How in the fuck can the Bisi Stage 1 be worse than a stock D15B or D16Z6 cam?

I know everybody hates Bisi now, blah blah blah, but the guy is not retarded. Theres no way he would sell a cam that has both less duration and lift than the stock cam.
I've always said he sucked

It's not all about duration and lift, it's about the relation between the two.

Torn use the cam his tq curve dropped like a ROCK

I'll do some searching and report back.

Here is danz post in trons build about the 1.2

because i had the same cam. and the exact same problem. i replaced the cam, and my car held torque. i made NO other changes.

its a really bad cam profile.

im sorry :(

heres a picture of my dyno plot with the bisi 1.2 cam... look familiar? this was tuned by JFK so u know it was tuned right....

then i replaced the cam with a colt cam, and put it on a mustang dyno and did some more tuning...

not perfect, but MUUUUCH better. car went from running 11.7's to 11.3's with just a cam change and 2lb less boost.

Heres the graph from trons car not the tq plummet after ~5000

1 - 20 of 23 Posts