Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k., i have a Y7 with an AEM cai. i am about to upgrade my intake mani to that of a Y8. this now makes my cai non compatible. my question is this: can i use the AEM short ram that is made for the Y8 and add the old Y7 bottom half to it???

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
lol its bentspooner. Dude, CAI's are mosly a generic part. Sure you can get ones especially made for your motor but the difference between the Y7 & Y8 are small. You could use a B16 CAI on your Y8 it really doesnt matter.

just make sure its the JDM one not the MOMO one cos european ones are shitty (yes this is a pun, if you dont get it then you suck)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photonic_Si said:
lol its bentspooner. Dude, CAI's are mosly a generic part. Sure you can get ones especially made for your motor but the difference between the Y7 & Y8 are small. You could use a B16 CAI on your Y8 it really doesnt matter.

just make sure its the JDM one not the MOMO one cos european ones are shitty (yes this is a pun, if you dont get it then you suck)

hahahahaha!!! LOL! :) but it's so hard trying to find jamaican domestic market products!

anywho, what i really want to know though, is a short ram just the top half of a cai of the companies that make the 2?

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
why don't you put the manifold on, then take a hacksaw to your y7 CAI and cut off the extra bend at the end to make it work for the y8.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts