Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock d15b and im going to use the greddy turbo kit off of my previous d16z and i was wondering can i use my e-manage and run 10psi daily tuned?? some say that the emanage is garbage but it seemed like a good unit to me untuned so this time im tuning it.

D

·
0 Posts
It should work fine. No its not garbage its just not in the top ten of best choices. Really your better off with uberdata if you can. Basically if you have an emanage use it until you can get something else. If you just want 8psi daily it will be ok.

D

·
0 Posts
I personally believe so but opinions vary. I would make sure there is good local shop support for the emanage. Or at least someone who is fairly familiar with it to help get it tuned right and make sure you have the timing control as well so you can pull back under boost.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
emanage is a piggyback unit. thus, it can not be tuned as well as the before mentioned uberdata or similar programs...emanage is not that bad of a unit however...it is possible to tune it to the 10psi you are wanting...you will also need a boost controller to bring it up to 10psi...i wouldnt recommend running beyond 1 bar with the emanage though, the preprogrammed fuel maps and settings arent the greatest from this point forward...im not sure about this, but i believe the emanage would automatically compensate for the increased boost pressure so actual tuning is not necessary...unless you run the emanage ultimate which allows for laptop tuning...all in all, you should be fine with the emanage and boost controller...

·
Registered
258 Posts
eManage is perfectly usable, but as mantioned, is a piggyback unit. One you get a little tuning under your belt, switch up to a "chipped" type solution suhc as CROME or Uberdata, etc. These solutions use the factory ECU, but allow you to change it's operation and reprogram it's fuel and ignition mappings. There is a little more of a learning curve, but one you hve learned, all other solutions look silly.

Craig

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i want to run is 10 psi on the stock D15B and have a quick street car. So i think ill get my support tool and tune it on 10 psi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts