Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive pulled what was left of the A\C crap out of my 88 rex, but i noticed under the glove box theres a white and black box, can i remove both of those or are they also connected to the heater box behind the radio.

I dont need A\C but i do need to keep my heat for winter, if thats helps any.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
If I remember correctly the big thing behind your radio is the blower motor which blows the air (a/c or heat) out the vents so I think you need that. Not 100% on it though. Not sure what the thing your talking about though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you remove or look under your glove box you'll see one white and one black box, and i know on that side in the engine compartment, there were 2 A\C hoses connected to it going through the firewall, ill see if i cant get a pic or find a pic of what im talking about.

I know i can remove whatever i want, but i dont want to remove this if its going to get rid of my heater also.

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
With out a pic i got no idea what your talking about. But in my 93 the black thing holds the a/c evap, heater core, and some air control doors. You want to keep that for the heat. No idea on the white box.

·
Registered
201 Posts
look for the plugs for the two.when you find them turn on the heat and unplug each while checking to make sure your heat is still blowing......i think you can take it from there.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look for the plugs for the two.when you find them turn on the heat and unplug each while checking to make sure your heat is still blowing......i think you can take it from there.....
thanks man thats a good idea ill give that a shock thanks.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
i just removed the ac from my 89 crx, so far i've taken everything out of the engine bay, that part of the wiring harness, and the black box. the black box has the two a/c tubes that run into your engine bay. i haven't thought to test the heat because the weather is nice. i'll do it later today and let you know. i want to remove that white box all the way on the right as well...

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
if you want to keep the heat going to all the vents you need to keep all those boxes in. i just took the ac out of the black box and put the box back up. otherwise the air coming from the right side will just blow onto the passengers feet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts