Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey winners. im piecing together my turbo kit right now. ive tapped and installed my oil pan last night. I was wondering can i go right ahead now and install the walbro pump? will the car still be drivable after the install? does anybody offer a good write up on this one?

please help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Go ahead and install it. All it does is pump fuel, what matters is the fuel pressure regulator, it keeps the fuel rail at the desired pressure. If you add a turbo and bigger injectors they will spray more fuel (causing a pressure drop) Sometimes the injectors can demand more fuel then the pump can deliver, this is why you need a larger fuel pump. So that it has the capacity to deliver even when your engine is producing peak HP.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you only need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if you have smaller injectors. i.e. if you are making 400whp on 650cc's then you may need to bump up fuel pressure to keep the duty cycle lower. If you run larger injectors (750cc's) then you won't have to bump up fuel pressure for the same amount of power, get it?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,008 Posts
255 LPH HP pump HAS to have a FPR or else you'll be at 50+ psi at idle instead of 33-36 psi........

I love my $185 Aeromotive that mounts in factory location, will NEVER run a B&M hack again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
from reading the above post i understand that ill have to install an aftermarket fpr to lower down the fuel pressure to 33-36psi for my car to run correctly since my car is with stock injectors and no boost yet.

im planning to run dsm injectors when i get the turbo installed.

when get my turbo installed the tuner will then up the fuel pressure as needed via the fpr? so the fuel is not controlled by the ecu? so what does the ecu control?

i dont quite understand how fuel management work. please help.

thanks for the link ryan. so incase that my fuel pressure is still too high i should do the drilling of the regulator?

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
from reading the above post i understand that ill have to install an aftermarket fpr to lower down the fuel pressure to 33-36psi for my car to run correctly since my car is with stock injectors and no boost yet.

im planning to run dsm injectors when i get the turbo installed.

when get my turbo installed the tuner will then up the fuel pressure as needed via the fpr? so the fuel is not controlled by the ecu? so what does the ecu control?

i dont quite understand how fuel management work. please help.

thanks for the link ryan. so incase that my fuel pressure is still too high i should do the drilling of the regulator?
the ecu controls how long the injector stays open. the longer it stays open the more fuel goes in. so when your pressure is at 50psi, more fuel is being pushed through that little amount of open time, thus making it rich.

sorry for dumbing it down. im at a lack of words today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.