Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
To be honest I'm not sure your bov would be receive the correct signal from that TB port.

My bov and boost gauge run off the little port on the back of my skunk2 manifold with no issues what so ever.

FYI: don't tee off the FPR.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought it wouldn't work but wasn't sure so I hooked it up that way and took a photo to make explaining what I was asking a couple thousand words shorter..
I figured it was getting air from the ports notched in just before the TB plate which would mean that it wouldn't get vacuum when the TB was closed.. therefore not doing its job, which is correct.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
He hooked his wastegate up to that? lawdy.
Yep, he took the car home and thought he could hook up a boost gauge... he reran lines that we did and hooked his wastegate up to that so it never saw boost and it never opened causing him to hit an absurd amount of boost.

Its amazing the things we catch before we put a car on the dyno.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Yep, he took the car home and thought he could hook up a boost gauge... he reran lines that we did and hooked his wastegate up to that so it never saw boost and it never opened causing him to hit an absurd amount of boost.

Its amazing the things we catch before we put a car on the dyno.
ever have someone fill up with 87 octane and hope on the dyno with a turbo car.
lol
but i bet you do caught alot of things that people have done wrong before hitting the dyno. Most people just slap stuff together and give it no testing.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
ever have someone fill up with 87 octane and hope on the dyno with a turbo car.
lol
but i bet you do caught alot of things that people have done wrong before hitting the dyno. Most people just slap stuff together and give it no testing.
Sadly yes.....

I've had a car that literally smoked so bad it filled our full shop full of smoke and you couldn't see 2ft in front of you. I've had people install cam caps wrong, pistons backwards, people forget lma's .... it goes on and on and on....

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Sadly yes.....

I've had a car that literally smoked so bad it filled our full shop full of smoke and you couldn't see 2ft in front of you. I've had people install cam caps wrong, pistons backwards, people forget lma's .... it goes on and on and on....
one of these days i'll stop bullshitting and come have you tune this pile of mine...20psi and it traps 108...lord I suck...im only looking for another 20mph lol

at least I found out the root cause of all the issues I had been having, the reason it never came in the first place, maybe I need a RCauto custom cam, you can have this delta 272-2 for a free paperweight

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
one of these days i'll stop bullshitting and come have you tune this pile of mine...20psi and it traps 108...lord I suck...im only looking for another 20mph lol

at least I found out the root cause of all the issues I had been having, the reason it never came in the first place, maybe I need a RCauto custom cam, you can have this delta 272-2 for a free paperweight
Hey we're not going anywhere, if we do its going to be to a bigger location. Cramming 20+ cars inside and outisde our building is becoming an issue , thats a good problem to have though.

What happen with the cam ?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
well before I could take it to you I needed the bugs worked out, pockets aren't deep enough to have you track down and fix all the issue, nor do you want to deal with someone else's problem. long story short I diagnosed with no answer and threw a bunch of parts at it for a couple years, even bought eCtune(because you tune it) thinking it was the program turns out all along it was the cam...

car wouldn't rev over 5-6k...it would break up, buck, cut out...all kinds of fun...nothing ever fixed it. finally I came to the conclusion it felt like I was floating the valves...but they all looked great(crower springs/ sk2 valves ) so I tossed In a stock cam just to see what would happen, re set the lash and boom, it pulled harder than my car every has....made more power per my ass below 5k than the delta ever did, reved to the moon making tons of power without a hiccup, drivability out of boost was damn near stock....it was as if the clouds finally lifted.

now all it needs is a badass tune to be a street monster

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well before I could take it to you I needed the bugs worked out, pockets aren't deep enough to have you track down and fix all the issue, nor do you want to deal with someone else's problem. long story short I diagnosed with no answer and threw a bunch of parts at it for a couple years, even bought eCtune(because you tune it) thinking it was the program turns out all along it was the cam...

car wouldn't rev over 5-6k...it would break up, buck, cut out...all kinds of fun...nothing ever fixed it. finally I came to the conclusion it felt like I was floating the valves...but they all looked great(crower springs/ sk2 valves ) so I tossed In a stock cam just to see what would happen, re set the lash and boom, it pulled harder than my car every has....made more power per my ass below 5k than the delta ever did, reved to the moon making tons of power without a hiccup, drivability out of boost was damn near stock....it was as if the clouds finally lifted.

now all it needs is a badass tune to be a street monster
Grrrrrreat.. just what I want to hear.. I have a 272-2 in my head right now.. having idle issues, haven't tuned anything yet.. ... seems that ignition timing is retarded right now.. I did have to take the dizzy out and mess around with some stuff underneath it recently tho..

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Grrrrrreat.. just what I want to hear.. I have a 272-2 in my head right now.. having idle issues, haven't tuned anything yet.. ... seems that ignition timing is retarded right now..
Well you could plug your ears and hear nothing.

Or read the dozens of failed 272-2s on here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts