Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a jrsc in 98 y7 head y8. Someone said that when the car in high speed, all the oil is pushing to the head, and there are none in the rod bearing and main bearing, and that kill the bearings. How can i fix that problem? For those who have turbo out there, how can they handle this problem?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you asure your oil level is properly monitored? sometimes you can get blowby on motors with higher miles using FI systems. this causes oil loss and if not checked it can cause the oil levels to become so low, you can ruin a motor due to lack of oil. blow by is caused by the rings being worn. Also the pcv valve can become plugged up and cause oiling issues.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oscarmayer said:
you asure your oil level is properly monitored? sometimes you can get blowby on motors with higher miles using FI systems. this causes oil loss and if not checked it can cause the oil levels to become so low, you can ruin a motor due to lack of oil. blow by is caused by the rings being worn. Also the pcv valve can become plugged up and cause oiling issues.
I changed oil every 3k miles, and just did it a month ago. My question now is can d16y7 handle the supercharger? Can the oil pump handle that much horsepower?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes! Your oil pump will work fine with a supercharger.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B said:
Yes! Your oil pump will work fine with a supercharger.
Could it be that the oil line was dirty so the oil couldn't get to the bearing enough at high speed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts