Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
The crank ends of the LS rods and D series are same size around at 1.890" (48mm). The crank end bore width needs to be milled to match the D16 crank rod journals. Shave .022" off each side of the crank end of the rod.
The piston end bore needs to be bushed to match the D16 piston's smaller pin size. The pin on the LS pistons is 0.826" (21mm), the pin on the D16 pistons is 0.748" (19mm). You need the custom made aluminum-bronze bushing with a width of 0.786, ID. 0.748, OD. 0.827 +(over) three thousands due to the bushing will be pressed in the small-end of the LS rods, so the bushing won't come out of the hole. Crower sells these for around $40 a set.

thats a quote for you, form me, written by some one else. but i would say its true(after everything else i have read) and they said it bettet then me. i would have had 10 spelling mastakes in there

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
^^ thats what i did. i wnt to google and typed in "ls rods in d series" and it was the first link that came up LOL Google

click the link here then click the first link after google searches. the quote i gave him if form the first 10 lines of the first page google gave me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts