Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to reinstall xp on my computer and i ran out of days left on my trial...

that computer came with milenimum edition, i know thats hella out dated so i took my buddies cds that he got with his dell laptop and i installed those..

well here i am, stuck with no cd key and no computer..

so is there anyone who can help a fellow d out?

thanks in advance
~Greg

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Dude...what are you typing on? :D

Trust me, it's better to buy a copy. When I worked at CC we'd get pirate OS towers in all the time. They'd have some problem with the system and there was nothing they or we could do about it.

If you got this far then Newegg ($5 more for SP3 version) can get you the rest of the way for as cheap as it gets...legally.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude...what are you typing on? :D

Trust me, it's better to buy a copy. When I worked at CC we'd get pirate OS towers in all the time. They'd have some problem with the system and there was nothing they or we could do about it.

If you got this far then Newegg ($5 more for SP3 version) can get you the rest of the way for as cheap as it gets...legally.
thanx for the advice but i kno its possible, this computer is only going to be used to surf the web.. THATS IT!

and im not about to pay 80+ for some monopoly bs key nonsense, i rather spend it on a boost controller :p

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
sounds like you aren't a very good tech. i have repaired many computers and i've never had a problem that was related to a pirated os. i've also run pirate versions of windows xp since BEFORE xp was publicly released. the only time i've ever had a problem relating to the OS is when you get those modified or stripped down releases.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
sounds like you aren't a very good tech. i have repaired many computers and i've never had a problem that was related to a pirated os. i've also run pirate versions of windows xp since BEFORE xp was publicly released. the only time i've ever had a problem relating to the OS is when you get those modified or stripped down releases.
:lol: It has nothing to do with the level of my skill. We are bound by rules to either have the original OS cd from the customer or the key from the label on the tower. If we don't have either there is nothing we can do. It happened all the time.

On a personal note I don't like running pirated versions of OS because the last thing I want in an already unstable system is to have the foundation ripped from my programs. I invest a hell of a lot more than what it costs for an OS anyway.

That's not to say I haven't run pirated programs, those are easy to fix. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i tried that key and it got this on the validation webpage...

"The product key entered is a Volume License Key

Volume License Keys cannot be automatically installed. Contact your organization’s IT department or system administrator to install this Volume License Key"

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
my bad, it probably only works with the iso it came with. lemme find another it will take a few minutes.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
wow, good stuff...

:hijacked:
how about a key for microsoft Office Professional 2007..?

i lost mine when my puter imploded...
end of :hijacked:

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
wow, good stuff...

:hijacked:
how about a key for microsoft Office Professional 2007..?

i lost mine when my puter imploded...
end of :hijacked:
of course i won't post cd keys, that would be ILLEGAL

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
you're sure you tried this one and not the office keys i just posted?

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corporate SP2

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

and i KNOW you haven't done this yet. you need to read these posts more carefully.

if that key doesn't work, i'm all out. the rest of my releases have the key slipstreamed.

in that case, just download this:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1360794

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
lol

you need to learn about the wonderful world of bit torrent. then you can have all the music, movies, games, software, etc you want for free.

go here and READ.
http://www.slyck.com/bt.php

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.