Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im just trying to figure out which size turbo to go with for my d16z6. i have plotted numerous turbos on their maps for my engine, but just cant decide. if yall could offer some input that would be great i.e. ur experience with your own setups or others and turbo responsiveness. thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Need more info! Goals? is the engine built? Headwork? Daily driver or track car? Do you want fast spool or slower turbo response?
X2... do some more searching/reading... figure out your goal... thats just way too general of a question :pinch:

Im gonna have to say go with this one...
yeah... but he might need to do a little cylinder head work to get that spooling... :bigrofl:

There's no way that is big enough for his well defined set-up. He should clearly go with this one - Perfackt Terbowz Fer Joos!

ehhhh... I don't know... that turbo might have too much lag for him:3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
THE CRX
977 Posts
^^^
I think what he means is that just because you have a d16z6 doesnt mean you might even be ready for a turbo. It would be a good idea to tell us what you have planned for this engine and in what capacity do you plan to drive this car and for what. Thats right having the right turbo isnt just for a certain engine but comes packed with need for juicy details of intent and useability.

·
Registered
210 Posts
^^^
I think what he means is that just because you have a d16z6 doesnt mean you might even be ready for a turbo. It would be a good idea to tell us what you have planned for this engine and in what capacity do you plan to drive this car and for what. Thats right having the right turbo isnt just for a certain engine but comes packed with need for juicy details of intent and useability.
exactly!!! and pleased don't get agitated by the teasing... we do it in good spirit... just trying to get you to put a little more time and effort into your questions :yes:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
tell us what you want out of the car.

drag only car? you can go BIG.

street car w/ smooth boost transitions and good response? you will need to stay smaller.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol i dont mind the teasing...im still trying to figure out what i can put that massive turbo on. anywayz...i have a fully built bottom and top with a port and polish. om lookin to make between 300 and 400 with a decent spool time. so basically something that is streetable but has power when i want it and dosent just spin tires.

lower end:
CP pistons
eagle h-beams
darton sleeves
and etc.

top end:
bisi 2.4 cam
bisi ti valve spring and retainers
ferra valves
and etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow with that set up im gonna say how deep are your pockets for the turbo?

do you have headstuds btw? if so man just get a gt35r and spray the shit outta it
thats the thing...i wanted to build a bullet proof motor so now i gotta save up for the turbo...shouldnt take long though...any inputs

·
Registered
610 Posts
Throw a $300 Holset on there for now and a gtxx when you get funds.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
^^-ts not bulletproof. Any amateur tuner could blow that up in 2.5 but be nice with the heat the engine sees and she will live for a looooong time

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
6262 is a little big you will need to spin the motor to 9000rpm plus to be fast.

it wont last long like that.

id say get a t3/t4 50 trim. project lowball ran one and made 480whp which is more than your goal. and that was on a stock cam/head.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts