Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this turbo with a down pipe brand new for 100 dollars and was wondering if you guys knew the size or if it's any good?

It says sport JDM model t3/t4 SN:TB01305169

The kid said it was a 57 A/R and knew nothing else about it.

I looked in the hot Side and it said .63 so my question is does anyone know an easy way to ID this without pulling the cold side off? I found a roll of tape that fit snug inside the compressor wheel and it's roughly 55mm on the outside of the wheel. And I found it before but can't find the chart so does anyone know what my power band would be with a .63 hot side? Isn't it like 4000-8000? ImageUploadedByAG Free1394417196.624063.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1394417221.635806.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
680 Posts
If it says JDM sport model it is most deffinetly from one of the cheaper eBay sellers.

You said your self its a t3/t4 hybrid. So a .63 a/r t3 hotside and a 57 trim t4 cold side. ( some people and some eBay retailers mix up the trim and a/r numbers. And 57 trim is a very common eBay turbo size.

I don't have experience with that big of a turbo on a d series but I would say spool somewhere higher than 4000.

If you want to plot the map go to squirrel performance turbo calculator.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Ebay turbo looks like the usual 57trim advertised ones. No in and out or side to side shaft plays? I rocked Ebay turbo at high boost i say just run it if doesn't have s play

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
when it comes to ebay turbos its best to get them rebuilt and balanced. I was told that there usually out of balance and have quite a bit of shaft play even when there new. im getting my freebie 16G rebuilt and balanced, boost lab is charging me $418.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
when it comes to ebay turbos its best to get them rebuilt and balanced. I was told that there usually out of balance and have quite a bit of shaft play even when there new. im getting my freebie 16G rebuilt and balanced, boost lab is charging me $418.
True. I have rebuilt about 3 of these turbos already but still fail at around 20psi. Haha. They will do the job though for sure

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I plan to run a 1 bar spring on my waste gate. my car is never going to see the track so Im not looking for a ton of power. but I will be putting in a non vtec 260 cam just to get a lil extra top end bump.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I plan to run a 1 bar spring on my waste gate. my car is never going to see the track so Im not looking for a ton of power. but I will be putting in a non vtec 260 cam just to get a lil extra top end bump.
Yeah that should open it up a little. Are you running ebay turbo too?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Jvtec8k what internals have you rebuilt your ebays with I figure as long as you use good internals and not ebay internals again on the rebuild they would be just as good as a garrett I guess not...........

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Jvtec8k what internals have you rebuilt your ebays with I figure as long as you use good internals and not ebay internals again on the rebuild they would be just as good as a garrett I guess not...........
Actually I forgot it's the $50 kit on ebay i think the company is called green or something like that. Garrett and Turbonetics have bigger bearings and wouldn't fit on most of these ebay turbos. I am running a real Garrett TO4e unit now

·
Registered
731 Posts
oh interesting I figured most the ebay companies would try to copy as much as they can even size of the bearings and what not. Could of swore I heard somebody doin that type of rebuild before with garrett internals but maybe im mistaken.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
oh interesting I figured most the ebay companies would try to copy as much as they can even size of the bearings and what not. Could of swore I heard somebody doin that type of rebuild before with garrett internals but maybe im mistaken.
Cx racing have made some ball bearings turbos now. I've used EMUSA units and they work ok lasted the whole season at the least.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
one of my friends has a knock off GT35 that he got from project godspeed. he had it rebuilt before ever running it and they used garret bearings. there was less shaft play when he got it back and it seemed to spin better...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts