Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
BOV wasnt opening because it was binding on itself so i put lithium grease on it and away I went it works.The noise was cuz I blew my spark out, i totally forgot to gap them to 0.032 lol.
I went for to much power to fast.
I'd gap em a bit tighter, go .020-.025, somewhere in there. Helps reduce overall peak KV requirements from coil, allows enough gap for a strong spark to exist, and fuel/air charge can still get up in there pretty good.

You won't blow that out till well over 30psi lol, and you'll not need to worry about spark gap on your setup ever.

I run .021 on 20PSI.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd gap em a bit tighter, go .020-.025, somewhere in there. Helps reduce overall peak KV requirements from coil, allows enough gap for a strong spark to exist, and fuel/air charge can still get up in there pretty good.

You won't blow that out till well over 30psi lol, and you'll not need to worry about spark gap on your setup ever.

I run .021 on 20PSI.
Sounds good to me. I am using ngk iridium, thoughts in iridium?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
They'll last forever as long as the tune is good, engine mechanical is good (no fuel soot or oil fouling or anything). I've seen iridium tipped NGKs in stock good condition daily running engines over 200k miles, and they still look brand new.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
I'll third the spark plug gap. Mine are currently at .026" and literally thinking of going tighter, then next time I tune it up, just to see how it responds.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
not worth it on a dickaroundturboshitbox engine ,,something usually takes a plug or two out prematurely .

stick with a bkr7e fuckin 2 bucks each .

21 - 28 of 28 Posts