Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its from a sohc zc no markings on the bolt head one piece. it has like a spiral design on the upper portion of the bolt. i just want to know the torque spec and how good they are, the pics that i have taken arent the best (LG Vue cell phone).....FYI i do have the full set....thanx

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
its a oem replacement strech headbolt.....use it once after first use throw away....stock headbolts can be used a couple times....those are garbage if they are used

the first h/g job i did the hayes manual tells you to get new heaad bolts.... so i went and got those same ones at the stealership. the guy said not to reuse them in the future as it'll strech out, and not be reusable....needles to say i dropped a small nut or bolt down the oil passage way in the head that kinda got wedged...no way to get it out without pulling the head

so i figure the bolts have only been torqued down for a day or two it'll be fine....no... 1 snaped(i just put a stock one in its place) and one the other side blew the h/g a couple days later.... pulled the head back off, new h/g and the stock bolts and it ran another couple years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts