Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv replaced both axle seals, both seals are from Honda(save yourself the trouble don't get auto zone or advance seals) now looking under my car somewhere is still leaking. I'm pretty handy when it comes to d series Honda's but still could use help here an there. I'm thinking the shift shaft seal but with the bottom of the t bracket wet I'm not sure. I just replaced my trani an
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
take that bolt out of the bottom of the tranny bracket.....does it pour fluid? if so, someone put too long a bolt into the transmission case

Reactions: robgoof

·
4,454 Posts
it might hit the final drive if its long enough, but I doubt it. take it out and see if indeed someone punched through the case

·
4,454 Posts
it doesn't look like it bottoms out lol, looks like it opens up in there. find you a coat hanger and push it as far as you can, is that length longer than the bolt? lol

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
757 Posts
Try and clean everything off really good with brake clean, like really really good, make sure all parts are nice and dry, wipe excess brake clean off with a rag, then test drive and recheck.

Oil getting slung everywhere can build residual oil in places that will drip out later on, making you think you still have a leak.

I've been burnt like this before :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point didn't even really think of that, I'll get her cleaned up an wiped down and go from there. Check again tomorrow when I get home from work

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
Oil box on back of motor can cause this, check your PCV valve as well as hosing everything down with brake cleaner.

I've only seen two shaft seals leak, because the shaft was bent during shipping on a pallet.

·
4,454 Posts
Oil box on back of motor can cause this, check your PCV valve as well as hosing everything down with brake cleaner.

I've only seen two shaft seals leak, because the shaft was bent during shipping on a pallet.
dammit, I was so proud of myself too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Iv always wonders what that box was, never had to touch it before, will also look into that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts