Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was driving and I was just pulling out in 1st gear not crazy or anything just normal. A second later my car jumped and stalled. Then I did a compression test and the numbers were low. I did the test because the more I tried to start the car it would crank faster and faster. So then I put a little bit of oil in where the spark plugs go and it helped it greatly. Any ideas guys. I know the whole oil trick diagnosed the piston rings but anyone know about the car jumping and stalling? This is why I am looking for a bottom end rebuild kit.

Kyle

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the numbers were .. dizzy - 90-150-120-60 - timing belt ... when you say TB you mean timing belt cover? if so yes that is open, and no i didnt check cam timing yet

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
If the numbers are low and th drops of oil into the chamber helps...it's the rings more than likely. Sry

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
definitely check cam timing, at least reset it to rule it out. you more than likely slipped a few teeth, how old is the motor and if you have replaced the timing belt when did you?

the belt may be getting worn and cracked causing flexibility which is why it probably jumped.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
si-hatch .. yeah i had it wot

jollyroger .. i was on the track of jumping teeth as well .. the motor is from a 98 civic .. and timing belt was prolly never replaced .. so maybe i should replace that haha .. thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
yea no prob man. anytime!

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Low compression could be due to the timing belt jumping teeth, if you reset the timing to the correct position and it still has low compression you have bad rings/bad valves.

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
yea cervan said basically what i had to say. lol hope that solves your problem bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts