Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lets get some more info on the D17 going. I see that the rods turned out to be 137mm. What's the compression height on the pistons then? Anyone have a pic of a D17 headgasket? I'm wondering about backwards compatibility. Could I put a spare Y8 or A6 head on this thing? Wil it bolt up to an EF tranny? What's the driver side mount look like.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
as for the pistons, it all depends on which civic you have, i believe that there are three different types, there are dish, flat, and dome pistons. i do not think that the y8 or a6 head gasket will fit, i think that the bore is bigger. i don't know much about the ef tranny. the heads are NOT interchangable...two different set ups. anyone else?

D

·
0 Posts
from what I've heard, the d17 is completely different from previous d series, the only older generation peice I've seen brought up is the y8 manifold, and the only other compatable product I've heard of is the d16 arp head studs. I think they were also from the y8, but not 100%

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Ya they are completely different compared to old d's, you cant interchange much besides the clutch and flywheel those are the same..

J

·
0 Posts
ok. im from singapore.. i got the d16w7 but d17a2 is still available here. alright. im also very interested in the y8 intake mani swap..looks damn sweet. and ive read in this hong kong mag...it says they can swap a old version d16 engine head and a d17 block which makes it a 1.7 old d16 kinda thing.. and they bore it out to 90mm and with high CR and high cams, 200hp is a no prob..that is some hope....what u guys think?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I think I would like to see a dseries bored to 90mm using stock block and head castings. I dont think the stock bore spacing wouldn't allow four 90mm cylinders side by side...I dont' believe it. Sounds like you heard this from that guy that talked out of Ace Ventura's ass.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
hey now...be nice to us...please?

·
CRX KING
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I haven't taken any pics of this thing at all. I did run into another problem. D17 oil pump on an A6 block with an A6 rear main. Guess what oilpan and pickup fits. None..... So more custome ghetto shit coming up. I should have used a Y8 or Y7 block to start with.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Did you try a y7 oil pan? Just a thought. Well atleast we will find out what works and what doesn't. I am waiting to start on my new D15 project. Got the 01-03 GX pistons and now I need to buy some rods. I would like to use Eagle rods. The VX rods look a little thin to me, not to mention the price of new ones compared to the price of a new set of Eagle rods. My only real question is the pin size.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts