Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
i think it all depends on the manifold quality...about turbo size...hey if u can get a big-ass turbo to fit, in the tight ass space civics have up front (unless you get a sidemount mani) make it happen...good luck gettin it to spool!!!

-tek

·
Registered
184 Posts
i beleive he is more worried about any damage the weight could cause to the head...im sure if you brace it correctly, then that shouldnt be anything to worry about, but if you have it just hanging there, then it seems like it would cause the head to kind of warp at high temps..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Definitely brace. Since you don't have AC you can tie into the AC bracket area very easily.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yea, if you just hang it off the head you will pull exhaust studs when the temperature gets high enough. Bracing is your friend. Helps keep from blowing exhaust manifold gaskets as bad too.

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
Sonictronic said:
Yea, if you just hang it off the head you will pull exhaust studs when the temperature gets high enough. Bracing is your friend. Helps keep from blowing exhaust manifold gaskets as bad too.
I keep blowing exhaust out of my two end ports on the manifold. My turbo and manifold felt pretty fucken heavy when i was droping it in. I dont have anybraces maybe well probally thats why im having gasket problems i would brace it cause i think thats my problem with leaky gaskets.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hellhatch said:
I keep blowing exhaust out of my two end ports on the manifold. My turbo and manifold felt pretty fucken heavy when i was droping it in. I dont have anybraces maybe well probally thats why im having gasket problems i would brace it cause i think thats my problem with leaky gaskets.
To help combat this you can "stack" gaskets if your in a hurry or get the manifold surfaced at a machine shop. But definately brace it too, just think thats like 30-35 pounds of steel hanging off of your head VS. maybe 7-10 with a header

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hellhatch said:
I doubt your head flange is true. Have it taken down a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts