Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you can bolt the Z6 tranny up to the D15B2 block?

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the Z6 tranny will not fit in the 88-91 car? it would probably go into a 92-95 civic or even a del sol.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
T-Bone said:
so the Z6 tranny will not fit in the 88-91 car? it would probably go into a 92-95 civic or even a del sol.
Ya it wont go into 88-91 because its hydro tranny and mounts are different.. But it will bolt right up in 92-up..

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought the 88-91 civics and cr-x's had hydro tranny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Transzex,
I have been watching your replies on different sites and blogs for several years now.

I am in a quandry. I have been building up my parts SLOWLY for the last few years for a mini-me swap. I have a D15B2 in a 91 civic hatch w/automatic trans. I am down to just the ECU and some headwork.

I just recently came across some different posts regarding the fact that I may end up with some serious issues regarding the B2'S auto tranny.

Can you possibly help or shed some light on this issue? This post is very disturbing since you state that a Z6 auto will not fit into a 91 civ. That was going to be my next move.

Thank's for any help you can give. I am an older car guy with a family and can't afford any costly mistakes.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
Keep the original tranny, swap any 88-00 D series motor in, tranny won't care.

I'm not sure about the ECU side of things, not sure if the 88-91 autos had convertor lock-up.

My 91 EX auto with Y8 swap has 320k miles on it, the tranny is just now starting to have seal issues in the valve body.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank's for the reply. Will a Z6 or Y8 block bolt up to all the B2 mounts?

I was going to go OBD1 and my conversion harness has an extra wire for the extra solinoid said to be present on the 5 gen trannies.

Are you running OBD0 or O1? Would your tranny be any different for my situation?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
the car was converted to OBD-1, not by me. No idea on the mounts as I bought it already swapped and converted. Only the one motor mount matters. There has been wiring issues but as 88-91 wiring gets old a brittle I'm not willing to trace out the issue if it is a broken wire or a bad wiring job.

I put 80k miles on a $1200 car with little issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts