Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 90 civic Si circle track race car with a blown D16A6.

I figure since they are all D series, the D16Y7 would physically bolt up to my cable tranny and the flywheel/clutch would all work fine. My concern is regarding the wiring. Can I use my 90 fuel rail, injectors, and all the wiring harness on the motor to plug and play into my car?

What about the distributor? can I run the old D16a6 dizzy?

What would be needed to do this!

I can't run vtec as per our rules or I would!

Thanks in advance!
Kyle
EDIT: I want to remain OBD0

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
I have a 90 civic Si circle track race car with a blown D16A6.

I figure since they are all D series, the D16Y7 would physically bolt up to my cable tranny and the flywheel/clutch would all work fine. My concern is regarding the wiring. Can I use my 90 fuel rail, injectors, and all the wiring harness on the motor to plug and play into my car? keep your si intake and everything and us it

What about the distributor? can I run the old D16a6 dizzy? use your stock dizzy

What would be needed to do this! you will need to extend the 2 lil wires that go to the back of the block a lil to make it to the t-stat housing so your fans kick on

I can't run vtec as per our rules or I would!

Thanks in advance!
Kyle
EDIT: I want to remain OBD0
what i listed above is how i kept my y7/y8 obd0 and ran no problems for over a year and more thank 20k miles now

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I do not need to re-locate the temp sensor? Just extend the wires a little? If that is all, that's awesome! thanks!

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
just extend them a lil bc the stock block has it on the back of the block and the y5,7,8 have it on the t-stat housing. just extend them a lil and find a clip that fits it, wire it up and have at it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts