Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
Red 93 Honda Civic C
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey trying to make a choice btw these two I understand skunk2 is better but I've heard good things about blox and the price difference is a lot better. Help me make a decision ?

· Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,341 Posts
I'd say Skunk2 based on hearsay - premised on the belief that the revised S2 arms are the least likely to slip (most likely to hold their setting) right out of the box. That being said, just about all of them can be updated with some good grade 8 hardware, nylock nuts, and/or washers to work well.

Disclosure: I do not have any experience with Blox arms specifically...just dribbling hearsay.

· Registered
^
3,967 Posts
I dont have experience with either, but Ive held and seen them both in person.

Id go Skunk2 if you plan to drop your car crazy (the A arm swivels downward unlike the Blox type which when slamming your car hit the frame) This is why some people cut their engine bays (which doesnt make sense to me)

· Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
2,805 Posts
***I have no experience with any of the mentioned products merely an educated guess based on the personal opinions I have read and my educated guess/opinion based on the looks of the products***

I vote for Hardrace their products look much more solid. A function > form type product.

Here are the front upper control arm style camber adjusters from Hardrace ($175.00):

Pros from what I can tell: Solid (as in looks strong as hell, not solid metal, it may be hollow for all I know) bar construction, the plate holding the ball joint is thick. The welds look alright from what I can tell. Hardened rubber bushings which from what I have read hold up pretty well. Beefy hex bolt hardware. Overall looks extremely robust.

Here are the front upper control arm style camber adjusters from Blox ($140.00) and Skunk2 ($206.99) respectively:

Stamped metal construction, metal overall seems thinner than the Hardrace units. Does not come with everything you need to install (you have to reuse old parts). Use wussy allen head bolts which I personally have a habit of stripping out, especially after they have seized up some. I have read that the S2 ball joints do not last very long.

Just the visual comparison I would put my money on Hardrace to outlast either Skunk2 or Blox. The Hardrace unit is also competitively priced as well compared to the others. I got all my pricing and photos from JHPUSA.com but do not have a personal bias for or against them. They just have really good product photos.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
With the Blox you will have to replace the cheap adjustment bolts with some quality stainless steel ones. Also, the ball joints went out on me after less than a year and they will run you about $20.00 each to replace.

I now run the Skunk2's and they have been absolutely flawless for over five years!

The Hardrace units look absolutely beautiful and from their past reputation should be one of the best, if not the best camber kit on the market. I would seriously give them a try!!

· Registered
1,448 Posts
My vote goes for Hardrace! Those look sick! And they look like they are indeed beefy and made well! The S2 and Blox look the same just different colors IMO.

· Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
2,805 Posts
Along the same lines as the HR arms, Megan Racing's arms appear very similar...and only $150 from Amazon!

I've got SPC arms on the Pebble and am very pleased, but it looks like the going price for new ones in about $360. :(
Those SPC arms look baller though. If I had $360 I would buy those lol

· Registered
433 Posts
Along the same lines as the HR arms, Megan Racing's arms appear very similar...and only $150 from Amazon!

I've got SPC arms on the Pebble and am very pleased, but it looks like the going price for new ones in about $360. :(
From my understanding, hardrace and Megan are the same products. Minus the name of course.

· Registered
5,366 Posts
From my understanding, hardrace and Megan are the same products. Minus the name of course.
This

Megan or hard race if you do enough googe hunting toy can find they are shipped in the same boxes just different stickers lol

· Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
8,291 Posts
BLOX should`nt even be allowed to sell any fucking parts for Hondas period!!!

And anybody saying that BLOX or Skunk2 are the exact same are morons and have know clue what there talking about.

I`ve been lapping for the last few years on my Skunk2 camber kit without any issues, and I can`t say the same for the Blox kit. Seen multiple sets of bushings shit the bed at the track , theres a reason there cheap as fuck.

I wish people who have`nt used either would stop making comments since there points are completely invalid.

· Registered
262 Posts
I, personally, would get the SPC or Eibach front uca in order to adjust caster as well. That may be just me though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.