Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working on getting stuff together for my z6 turbo build..took a look at the zex 59300 cam and i think thats the one ill be goin with but the question is am i gonna be able to use the kms head package off of fj distro with the cam? didnt kno if zex wants you to use there products or if its fine to use others..thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
yeah you should be fine with the kms valve train package. i too have a 59300 in my z6 n/a but i used stock retainers with comp/zex springs

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your going to be spending your money on a cam/valvetrain setup, look no further than bisimoto, check out the writeup/cam review they did recently (ik its around this forum somewhere) , the gains from the bisi cams were MILES past all of the other cams tested (which includes your 59300) I am shopping for a 2.4 my self

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I've got a 59300 matched with Comp springs and S2 titanium retainers. Oh, Supertech vales too. I've got no preference as you can see, and this combo has been working well for me. I would suggest though using springs matching the cam you get.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i get it haha..but do i really have to get the zex spring if im getting the 59300 cam..i should be fine witht the kms head package

·
Registered
537 Posts
Brand matching isnt necessary. You have to look at the actual specs of the spring set to see if it matches with your camshaft. But in general, most SOHC cams arent that aggressive so that most aftermarket valvesprings out there are sufficient to combine with each other. But still, make sure the valvetrain you get is a good enough for the requirements of your camshaft.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Brand matching isnt necessary. You have to look at the actual specs of the spring set to see if it matches with your camshaft. But in general, most SOHC cams arent that aggressive so that most aftermarket valvesprings out there are sufficient to combine with each other. But still, make sure the valvetrain you get is a good enough for the requirements of your camshaft.
yes brand matching isnt necessary but most novice diy engine builders dont know about seat pressures and installed height and coil bind at .xxx of lift and what not, so its easier to tell them to buy the spring brand that matches cam brand so its cut and dry you know they will be fine

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the heads goin to the machine shop so they should be able to do every thing the right way..just didnt understand the hole matching or if it even matterd..thanks for the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts