Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now from what ive been reading, I advance the timing 4.5 degrees. But I'm using a z6 adjustable cam gear with the z6 bottom end with the z6 sprocket. Will I still have to advance the timing still...? I also had the block and head milled

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
so let me get this straight you have a z6 block and your putting a y8 head on it. if thats correct this is easy you use the y8 cam gear and time it like the manual tells you, time it like a stock y8

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
you have a z6 camshaft and a z6 camgear?

-Luke

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I also had the block and head milled
Because of this, a stock cam gear would not put the mechanical timing where is should be. You have to degree your cam properly first. Either Z6 or Y8 adjustible cam gear will work, as long as you know what your cam settings should be.

·
Registered
92 vx D16Z6
83 Posts
noob question... but since he has a y8 head he needs a y8 cam and cam gear rite?? cause im trying to do this same build i have a z6 and want to go with a y8 head, and i want to order my cam so i can build around the cam

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
p28 is the stock z6 ecu. a p2p is a stock y8 ecu. if you have a full z6 why do you want to swap to a y8 head? if the z6 is in good shape keep it and build that.

-Luke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts