Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help trying to figure out if I advance my gam gear what does this do to my distributor. Need to know whether this advances or retards distributor timing. Thanks for input

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
the acid beaver is correct. so you need a timing light when adjusting the cam so you can compensate for the change in ignition timing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
right now my cam is advanced about 10 degrees and my distributor is also fully advanced. But I get a sudden burst of power around 5000. I am running integra pistons, a6 head. b8 block, intake, adj. cam gear, ported throttle body, 11 lb flywheel in a 90 crx si. I just don't want get detination in my freshly built motor. It runs strong but I don;t like the lack of power on the bottom. Can anyone tell me if this is to much advance with this setup. I used a timing light and i am reading about 16degrees btdc. thanks again

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
16 degrees inital? assuming so . . .

sounds like about the edge for inital. Put it on a dyno, only one way to make sure everything is lined up right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
16 degrees inital? assuming so . . .

sounds like about the edge for inital. Put it on a dyno, only one way to make sure everything is lined up right.
hmmm, so it's 10 degrees past that? try to see if you can dyno it or find a scantool that hooks up to a laptop. i have one scantool that tells all the kool things in the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts