Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,283 Posts
how did that happen?

was it hard to turn the camshaft?

fat chance getting it out ,start looking for a used cam, cuz if you have to pay someone to take it out it will cost more than a used cam would.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
you're proper fucked now, cam needs to come out and you can try walking it out with a punch or getting a new cam

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Last time I had a bolt snap in something portable I took it to a local machinist and he only charged me like $20 to remove it. Might be worth taking out the cam and driving around to a couple machine shops and asking.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Fail boat

its fixable for sure but the cam needs to be removed in which case it should just be replaced

props for showing pics of the Fail cause I woulda kept that shit to myself

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
This has happened to me a long time ago. Go buy an easy out kit and it'll come out easier then expected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how did that happen?

was it hard to turn the camshaft?

fat chance getting it out ,start looking for a used cam, cuz if you have to pay someone to take it out it will cost more than a used cam would.
Yeah I was turning it to the right and right before tdc it broke, is this a non interference motor?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
just a heads up, you can quote multiple people in 1 reply instead of making multiple.

pet peeve. and the head of the bolt may be 12mm but what size is the actual bolt?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just a heads up, you can quote multiple people in 1 reply instead of making multiple.

pet peeve. and the head of the bolt may be 12mm but what size is the actual bolt?
Its a 12 mm bolt
Fosho bro, umm I have a question, I put the block tdc using a screw driver, I was trying to put the tdc on the crank pulley, I don't have the plastic cover showing the arrow to march up to the pulley , so how would I do it ha

No its not. The hex of the bolt is 12mm diameter.

The bolt itself is M8x1.25.

8mm.

Alright

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
if the plugs are out, he should be able to do it... breakover torque on a d16z6 should be less than the torque spec on that bolt :lol:

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
lol, he doesn't know compression. when I was a kid, I loved summer. as an adult, fuck this shit

Reactions: transzex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, he doesn't know compression. when I was a kid, I loved summer. as an adult, fuck this shit
.....maybe you shouldn't be doing things that require you to touch that bolt

Seriously idk what u fuckers are talking about but if ur trying to troll for ahead am a still post shit n talk shit , I just asked some questions n if thy bother u then get off my d n don't reply

1 - 20 of 23 Posts