Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noob question from a noob
Im going to be using a stage 2 crower turbo cam. It says it requires a spring and retainer kit. Are my options open to use a spring and retainer kit from another company or is it better just to stick with the crower one? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just stick with the crower components as well. other companies might have stiffer springs that could damage the cam.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
allright thanks guys
people help so much quicker on this site then others :)
maybe you could help me out on something else aswell.
I read somewhere not to use oversized valves with a cam like this.
Should i stick with stock sized valves and just get a valve job or could i go oversized?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Search here, I already see some stock Y7 head in the 300+ hp range!!!! Imagine what you can do with a port job and bigger cam.....

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Use the valve train that the cam company reccomends. That way you know it will perform to its potential.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Crimson said:
you mean bigger cam then the one im going to run or bigger then stock?
Like I said: I saw engine with completly STOCK Y7 head here running 300+ hp!
You talk about a crower stage 2 turbo cam, I assume you have a d16z6 or Y8.....those engine have better cam profile than the Y7 so it is easier to reach higher number with those head(I talk about stock camshaft)
Now, if you swap a stg 2 turbo cam in, you will make more power than with a stock cam!
What kind of spring/retainer you were looking for instead of the crower spring/retainer? Other brand may work well but why take the risk.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was just seeing what my options were, maybe someone knew something that would be better then crower. However it seems using the crower is the right way to go. Can anyone recommend valves to go with this set up, i wont be making more then 400 hp. Would a stock size crower valve be a good way to go? or would another company be better?

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
You should be fine with your stock valves. If you insist on changing them just stick with crower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts