Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I am going to be rebuilding the upper end of the y8 motor and I was wondering should I go with a crower stage 1 NA cam, stage 2 NA cam, or just wait and install a stage 2 turbo cam l8er on??? at the same time im gonna be doing a water pump and timing belt alos a new oem head gasket as well, just for maintainence on the safe side.......... let me know what cha think.... thanks

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I would say if your planning on going turbo in the near future then dont put the N/A cam in. I just got (crower stg.2 N/A cam , springs, retainers,edelbrock cam gear, valve cover gasket,cam seal,timing belt,tensioner,water pump,thermostat,exaust donut gasket,koyo radiator,mugen cap,kenji p28. Im going to put it all in on dec.26th, I cant wait!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would also have to say the same...If boost is the goal then don't put he $ out on a N/A cam and not get much back when you can just put the dough out once for the turbo cam... unless you come across a steal on the N/A cam..

Best of luck...

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
theres a few peopel on here that are running na cams on turbo setups, i believe beretta is one of them and he suggests it
it isnt going to hurt you, might have better gains than with a turbo cam, not sure if anyone has dynoed both or anything
talk to beretta

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gloryhog said:
I would say if your planning on going turbo in the near future then dont put the N/A cam in. I just got (crower stg.2 N/A cam , springs, retainers,edelbrock cam gear, valve cover gasket,cam seal,timing belt,tensioner,water pump,thermostat,exaust donut gasket,koyo radiator,mugen cap,kenji p28. Im going to put it all in on dec.26th, I cant wait!!!
very nice, yeah Ill just save up for the turbo one, but im gonna have a y8 pnp head, new springs and retainers also omnipower valves too...... so that should be nice!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
very nice, yeah Ill just save up for the turbo one, but im gonna have a y8 pnp head, new springs and retainers also omnipower valves too...... so that should be nice!!

DAMN RIGHT it will be nice LOL! , Im about to shit my pants waiting to put this cam in !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts