Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam to day and it seems that when i torque it down the cam is locked up. Cant get the cam to turn at all. Everything is new and fresh. Have Supertech v/s/r's. The springs arent this strong are they? haha This is crazy as hell, i have never seen this happen atleast to me before. Any insight from someone that is running the same cam??

·
Registered
92 civic hatch si
752 Posts
Check your rockers and make sure one aint upside down. Good luck dude

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your rockers and make sure one aint upside down. Good luck dude

Nah, dont have any upside down. That would be a big catastrophe. haha Especially after torquing down.

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
figured out my problem. the cam is hitting in the head. Its not any of the lobes hitting directly. But its the side of the lobe scrubbing the side of the cam journal. Trying to load all my pics into photobucket at this moment . So i'll be posting pics. I'm running the Bisi 1.2 turbo cam. it looks like Web has their casting off, because as the cam aligns in the head it gradually gets worse(as in the cam runners from the cam journals). So i'll get the privilege of speaking with Bisi again tomorrow.

·
Formerly weebeastie
943 Posts
Thats weird

figured out my problem. the cam is hitting in the head. Its not any of the lobes hitting directly. But its the side of the lobe scrubbing the side of the cam journal. Trying to load all my pics into photobucket at this moment . So i'll be posting pics. I'm running the Bisi 1.2 turbo cam. it looks like Web has their casting off, because as the cam aligns in the head it gradually gets worse(as in the cam runners from the cam journals). So i'll get the privilege of speaking with Bisi again tomorrow.

You know that a Bisi Level 1.2 cam is a regrind not a new billet, therefore Web could not have gotten the casting off. I'd pull the rocker setup and make sure that the cam is correctly installed.

Did you send in a core or purchase one?

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know that a Bisi Level 1.2 cam is a regrind not a new billet, therefore Web could not have gotten the casting off. I'd pull the rocker setup and make sure that the cam is correctly installed.

Did you send in a core or purchase one?

Sorry sir or mam, the 1.2 vtec is indeed a new cast. So no core when buying a new cam. And the cam was installed correctly. With both , bisi's cam and the factory cam, you can see the difference. Web did indeed mess up. Whoever made the cast, got something off with their mold. It, lobes and journals, all pushes over the distributor side.

Bisi will be receiving both cams tomorrow. He said he would like to see and measure them himself as well as when Web gets them. Then he said he will carry them to Web himself. But either way, they will see what they did wrong when they get them in front of them. Bisi said they will make it right. So we will see. I'm waiting for tomorrow for the next discussion.

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In for your conversation with bisi about this as I plan to order a bisi cam soon!

He is really nice to deal with and always up for anything, but this did throw him for a loop. And he is ready to make things right. Its crazy, i haven't been able to find anything bad or negative about him or his products. But then i order a cam myself and this happens. I just couldn't believe what i was seeing. But i'm sure things will be dealt with correctly.

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You double for sure they arent upside down!!! Hahahahaha. I know how you are. Always building shit upside down!

hahaha, i'm going to walk over and drop you upside down! haha

·
Registered
My Car
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i'm now getting discouraged!!! I sent the cams "next day air" like Tuesday and they still don't have the cams in their possession. He said they had some meetings. So what do they do when they have meetings, shut down the business??? This is the last thing i need to complete my engine. It sucks. Why me?? lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts