Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dirt track 91 civic d15b2 my head his a pm3-12 can i youse a vtec cam in it if yes wat kind from wat motor thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Get an A6 cam and a Y8 cam gear, bolt in like it was ment to be there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is a higher lobe my motor is going to be wild i am getting d16y8 rods made up for the crank polish and lither p29 piston 2layers gasket, ported intake with dual jdm carb ,pg7 ecu chip to 9000rpm head 3 angle valve job,header 2.5" of size my motor got to push in 1/4 straite going to make a frame and roll cage and hatach the thin on the roll cage it,s only going to be arouind 1400lbs sprint tire and 700lbs axle is there something i am forgething thanks with my special rocket fuel

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
is a higher lobe my motor is going to be wild i am getting d16y8 rods made up for the crank polish and lither p29 piston 2layers gasket, ported intake with dual jdm carb ,pg7 ecu chip to 9000rpm head 3 angle valve job,header 2.5" of size my motor got to push in 1/4 straite going to make a frame and roll cage and hatach the thin on the roll cage it,s only going to be arouind 1400lbs sprint tire and 700lbs axle is there something i am forgething thanks with my special rocket fuel
Que?????:confused:

·
Registered
Many cars
257 Posts
Good luck chipping that PG7 ecu. Id just get a 90-91 PM6 ecu way easier, since you will be running carbs you just have to disable the injector test circuit to eliminate a code 16. D16Y8 rods? Good luck with the 45mm rod journal fitting on a 42mm crank journal. You would need to get ahold of a D15B Vtec motor and use the crankshaft out of it for the y8 rods to work.

And spinning 9k on an a6 cam and springs on a stock d15 bottom is asking for a pile of metal and a stream of oil on the track.

If you want some direction go here:

Bone's build

Read the whole thread all 13 or so pages.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the rods there a machines that doing them you cant chip a pg7 and my car was a dual point do i have to eliminate the code 16

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
it would be easier to understand you if you used punctuation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts