Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonder if anyone knows what the cam lift limit is on a d16y7 head without modifying the cam valley walls?

is it the same as a z6 or y8 head?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just wanted to add.

i have a friend who had a d16z6 with a skunk2 cam, he told me that he had to file the inner walls down or it would hit near where the spark plug tubes go.

this is the reason i am asking, also if the 59300 zex cam requires this on the z6/y8 vtec heads?....

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I don't know about a Y7 head, but on a Z6 head which is very similar in design, my Crower stg 2 at 432/436 almost doesn't clear. The stage 3 at 442/468 requires modifications. Now these are billet cams, so theoretically you should be able to get more lift from a regrind without interference.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
just ask your manufacturer what they recommend.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Another advantage of Non-VTEC heads is that they can run much larger cams without getting involved with smacking things. =) I don't know the exact limits, but I don't think that even with a hard-welded cam you are going to run into interference issues.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i THINK tuna had to clearance his with his bisi level3 but dont quote me on that

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
i was wonder if anyone knows what the cam lift limit is on a d16y7 head without modifying the cam valley walls?

is it the same as a z6 or y8 head?
Depends on the spring bind height :)

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
umm, no. the cc, yes. the rocker assembly and valve train galley, no. the y7 and the y8 are the ones that share that area, along with ports.
Eh was a good guess, lol. I knew the cc's were so i figured they were, never messed with a y7 head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts