Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep hearing this head is equivalent to a usdm z6 in a lot of ways, but also heard from a guy they shipped him one as a stand-in for a y8.

So cam/cam gear-wise what should I be using to avoid the 5 degree retard problem?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
the OBD1 D16A is a Z6 and is the only VTEC D16a. The OBD2 ones are y7's and y5's.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Right on. So is there any advantage to going with the z6 afterkmarket version over y8? I keep hearing the Crower stage 2 is the heat.

Thanks guys.
i dont have any experiance with crower but thats what i originally intended to use for my z6 build but stg3 but for right now i got a killer deal on a comp 59300 and comp springs and im pretty happy with it and its a lot cheaper then crower. and i would use the right cam for your head if your buying it new

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and i would use the right cam for your head if your buying it new
Yea that's basically what I'm trying to figure out. Would one for a USDM z6 be considered the proper one for this head? I thought I had this figured out but I found a couple of guys who ordered a y8 from Japan and received this d16a head, which made me wonder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts