Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know wtf im doing and i need some help. another z6/vitara build with zex 59300 cam.

anyone have any good write-up's ?

i have the degree wheel jst not sure how to go about using it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
im trying to do what i was told w/o any real explanation as to what needs to be done exactly. so i cant explain to you what im doing past the thread title.

i have a zex cam that i was told needs to be degreed in for optimum performance. any idea as to what that might entail ? same as setting the head to 0* ?? different ? i havent read the whole h-t post but i dont get it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i said but the guy that seems to know his shit said for best performance you wanna degree the cam in. if nothing ill jst set it at 0* and call it good.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Set it at TDC. If you want to mess with timing get an aftermarket cam gear and get your car on the dyno. Than you can mess with the timing all you want.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
let me guess, this "guy" builds V8's?

I could write a few paragraphs, Don could write a book on how-to and WHY to degree a cam. If you have a adjustable cam gear just install it.

On V8's it's not very easy to alter the cam timing once the front cover and water pump are installed. We have it easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts