Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm located in the ventura area, a little closer to LA, but I am trying to find a good machine shop I can take my block and head to. Found Eddings Engine Rebuilding in SFV (fairly close to me) and they quoted me $900 for Block: bore, hone, surface, clean. Head: 3-angle vj, guide replacement, milling, pressure testing, vacuum, clean. Crank: balance and polish.

Just curious on 1. if anyone has had any experience with Eddings and 2. does this sound like a good deal? Does to me, but your guys' input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if this is the right placement for this post BUT....v v v v v v

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
$900 on JUST machine work seems about on par. Really just depends on HOW much you need to get done. Unfortunately machine work varies based on condition of head/block.

But don't expect ANY parts with that price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen mixed reviews on Eddings, kinda makes me hesitant to bring my stuff their way. Is there a shop you recommend?

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I haven't seen Pata on here in awhile, but he knows of a shop that does good work cheap somewhere in the hood, honestly, he kind of kept it hush hush though...shop around the hood and see if you can do a little better

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
900 block and head seems high?

Really?
That's what I'm sayin. $900 sounds like a good deal, but I'm all for a shop that wants $600 lol any recommendations 559civic_dx?

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
I'm not in so cal :/

Edit: is he doing anything with your rods? Pressing new pistons or anything like that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts