Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called h motors today i did not get anything today the motor i want d15b they had that but did not have the tranny in LSD. they do get that tranny in LSD so he told me to call back in a month when there new ship meant comes in. with everything its 1,224.00 shiped i did not think it was that bad.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
IMO I think that's a little steep but that's me.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Yeah, but from everything I hear, the guy at Hmotors doesn't sell junk. He makes sure what he sells is quality parts, and it's always what is advertised. I'd buy from him.

·
Banned
424 Posts
i paid 639.00 shipped for just the motor,i guess its not too bad:noway:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
lately hmotors has been going threw a great depression on sohc zc motors lol. so i think thats the reason for there high prices. i was going to buy another sohc zc non vtec but he has been out for 3 months.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
lately hmotors has been going threw a great depression on sohc zc motors lol. so i think thats the reason for there high prices. i was going to buy another sohc zc non vtec but he has been out for 3 months.
Even up here lately there starting to get super hard to find all of a sudden. I remember just a couple of years a go you could'nt give onw away to people!

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
i payed 950 for mine w/ the lsd. but i didnt have to pay shipping since they were only an hour from me and i went to pick it up. ive heard good things about h motors so it doesnt seen too bad.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
hmm, maybe it's time to buy up a few spares ;)
thats what im going to do my friend has to sohc zc non vtec motors with blown head gaskets that im going to buy for 100 bucks. its better this way that way you have spare block to build incase they blow lol.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
damn u can almost get a b16 swap for that price...

but i would honestly look around even tho hmo is the shit.. ive gotten a bad dohc zc from them.. and i spent way too much.. i can usually get d16z6's for 300

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You could probebly rebuild a Z6 and add an OBX LSD for that price.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
If it's a complete swap with low miles and an LSD. Ask yourself this can you get all this stuff for any cheaper and simpiler. Probably not..........unless you have some hook-ups(not girls lol) That's just how I would look at this situation

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
If it's a complete swap with low miles and an LSD. Ask yourself this can you get all this stuff for any cheaper and simpiler. Probably not..........unless you have some hook-ups(not girls lol) That's just how I would look at this situation
I would read the post above yours!

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I called h motors today i did not get anything today the motor i want d15b they had that but did not have the tranny in LSD. they do get that tranny in LSD so he told me to call back in a month when there new ship meant comes in. with everything its 1,224.00 shiped i did not think it was that bad.
OK, that price is absurd no matter what the quality of the engine is. I won't give specifics on the wholesale pricing but I assure you, there is one hell of a mark-up on that swap. I'd look around a little bit more but that's just my .02.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
OK, that price is absurd no matter what the quality of the engine is. I won't give specifics on the wholesale pricing but I assure you, there is one hell of a mark-up on that swap. I'd look around a little bit more but that's just my .02.
so, why dont you give him the hookups...in your arguments in that FS thread...it seems like you've got hookups ;)

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
dude 1224 is more than what i paid for my d16a(same as zc vtec, z6) plus tranny and ecu and shipped to my door from HMO. not to mention the jdm lsd tranny... i personally wouldnt wait or want to buy one. read up on it in the tranny section - they like to break.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts