Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a company that makes a carb legal turbo kit for my 88' CRX Si? (motor D-16a6)

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
Nope forgetta bout it! The only smog legal boost option is a Jackson Racing Supercharger. Me , myself i'm gonna do an hf manifold t3 turbo setup and save everything to switch back over to smog it

·
Registered
643 Posts
YUP
JRSC only CARB friendly Boost avail for our beloved 88-91 Civic/CRX
Other option is swapping D16Z6, CARB certifying then going Greddy Kit

·
Registered
286 Posts
unless you got a smog place that dont give a crap as long as it pass smog...hehe my 98 ex-t pass a smog test with easy with a revhard turbo kit off a crx that me and a buddy build but sold it less the turbo kit. they ask if i had any mods and i was like yes turbo charge it..so they said ok..drive it up..10 min later they told me i was like 2 points away from not passing the smog but i made it.. THEN he told me well you pass the smog test with the homemade turbo kit but i wont pass a Cop looking under the hood...AWsCRAP'S

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
The Greddy kit cannot be smog legal according to Greddy themselves because it is registered to the car. Plus you cannot modify anything from what it comes like, and you would have to to make it fit a CRX.
Don't ask me why but I thought I woould get away with doing that too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts