Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a ZC transmission in my CRX with the half shaft and 90-93 Integra axles. Pulled the motor/trans the other day for a GSR and S1 B16 cable transmission I pulled from another CRX back in December. So, I got my GSR dropped in, and re-installed my DA axle on the passenger side no issue. I used the half shaft that came out of the donor car, which had a male output to the axle. Well, upon trying to stab my axle I noticed both mine are male inputs on the axles. I even have a second B series half shaft from another CRX with a YS1 trans I pulled from the junkyard (also cable). It seems from a quick google these are from hydro B's.

So, a friend has a full LS swap that came out of another CRX with an LS S1. I borrowed his half shaft, and it is female output on the half-shaft. I go to stab it in and it won't quite seat all the way. I'm on top of the motor doing this, so I feel down and the shoulder on the last bit of the of the input shaft isn't going in. I pop it a few times with a dead blow then compare to the other. Well, the shoulder is slightly larger diameter on the cable half shaft I need to use my DA axles.

Now, shouldn't I just be able to change the seals and use the DA axle? And if I don't do that, is there an issue with using a DC or del Sol VTEC driver side axle?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Male spine on the axle side of the intermediate shaft is hydro.

There are two different cable intermediate shafts. One from the 90-93 Integra, and the JDM B16 powered Civic/CRX.

I'd use the one from the YS1 car along with the appropriate 90-93 axles with the correct shaft seals in the trans.

There is no issue with using the hydro intermediate shaft along with the DC axles though. Again, make sure you match the trans seals to the intermediate shaft you use.

I'm probably missing a few minor details though.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ask for the listed (WRONG) driver side seal for the CRX, LOL!

91205-PL3-B01
Thanks. I may just do that if we have the seal in stock. I ordered a DC axle in for tomorrow. Is there any harm in running the hydro stuff?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
No issues with using hydro stuff as long as you use the correct axle seal. If it were a YS1 case, I would tell you to get one for a 94-01 Integra, but I dunno about the small spline B series cases.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
No issues with using hydro stuff as long as you use the correct axle seal. If it were a YS1 case, I would tell you to get one for a 94-01 Integra, but I dunno about the small spline B series cases.
it is the intermediate shaft that matters.....

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to use the hydro axle and half shaft but my co-worker forgot to order my axle, so i crossed that number to a National seal. I may try it tonight, I've got an appointment at the exhaust shop tomorrow so it would be better if it's running by in the AM.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Used the seal I got from the Honda number, it was a different number than the CRX listed for either side, but all diameters matched up so I put it in and it worked with the DA half shaft so I can continue to use my axles. Still haven't cranked it yet ha, but thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts