Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a C-Pillar bar for free the other day, but I don't know if A) I am going to be able to use it while retaining the rear seatbelts, and B) Does it actually aid in handling?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
it really doesnt do shit. i have one and wanted to try it out to see if i noticed anything. save yourself the trouble and get rid of it. i left mine in because i had already cut the rear plastic for it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
got one on my hatch

i feel a bit of stiffness while pushing on the car,

was only 30$ so i dont mind, and i like the looks

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So do you have to remove the rear belts?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
didn't have to on mine, the bolts for the belts are where mine mounts to and I retained the belts. I did have to lose the covers for them though. But mine's on a 94 coupe, yours may be different.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I really don't think that a C-Pillar bar would help with any handling considering it has no purpose in the suspension area. It's supposed to be some sort of a chassis flex prevention but I highly doubt that it's going to help any.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
im sure it helps, but is it neccassry? can you actually tell if its there or not? maybe yes maybe no... what matters in the end is weather or not you like it...

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the opinions guys, I think I'm gonna try to figure out how to put the bitch in there w/o losing my rear seatbelts, I'll take it out if I get sick of it in my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I noticed a slight difference as well with and without mine. Mainly when I took it out to transport a load one day, and it stayed off for a couple of weeks or so. It really just adds to the rigidity of the body. Would you notice it? Depends ....... you'll have to find out for yourself and itll depend on how you drive and where im sure.

On a second note however, I do love this thing for one very good reason. Blocking the direct rays of peoples headlights right behind you. That sir in itself paid for its worth. Granted, such persons who us this bar for DD need to be aware of such occurrence, otherwise they might not look hard enough for a vehicle behind them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.